• Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

it also had galaga 88. fantastic game

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Galaga 88 and Devils Crush are really fun games. I'm gonna have to hook up my Turbo now thanks to you guys.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

so who had a 3DO? dont really remember much about it. i was waiting for the saturn (barely avoiding the 3dx)

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I bought a Atari Jaguar and pretty much all the games for it a song. The games are really bad and the controllers are worse. It deserved to die quickly.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
            I bought a Atari Jaguar and pretty much all the games for it a song. The games are really bad and the controllers are worse. It deserved to die quickly.
            Where did you learn to fly?

Lol, I like the Jag. But then I am kind of an Atari nut. I feel it was a good system that never got to reach its full potential. The system had its fair share of stinkers but overall I feel the games are surprisingly good when you consider how tiny the budgets they had and how small the development teams generally were.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cZ5...eature=related
              jaguar wasnt to bad, it was overshadowed by the hype of the newer cd systems. this is the best game on it, imo.
              the jaguar had so many things going against it. i think atari was on the verge of bankruptcy to begin with when this was released. the lynx had already kinda fizzled as well.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                Oh I have no problem with the gamecube its just after square left Nintendo lost alot of its appeal to me. I did get one eventually just for zelda and i will probably get one again for the newest link
                Square Enix is putting out games for Nintendo. They've done more for the DS. Dragon Quest X will be coming out for the Wii and Wii U. Also got a Monopoly type game coming out using characters from Super Mario and the Dragon Quest series.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

ff7 not being on n64 really turned attention away from nintendo for a long time. who evers decision it was to not make the 64 cd based must have really been behind the times. not really slamming the n64 though, it was a good system once given a chance. resident evil 2 was even a good port. i do think not having square during that time made it even harder for the gamecube to compete. sony has brand loyalty now.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

square has some amazing rpg's on ds

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                      WANTED for card bending
                      • Apr 26, 2008

mine are
                      Super Nintendo
                      Dreamcast
                      Genesis
                      xbox360
                      commodore 64
                      psp
                      Intellivision
                      atari2600

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Thanks to the Virtual Console,I'm putting the Wii on my list.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

its amazing that i have barely played the wii. about ten years ago i bought every system when it was released.
                          ill probably get one used once its nice and cheap, lol

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Gamestop has used ones for 80 bucks.

Comment

• misterdroid
                              Banned
                              • Jan 10, 2008

Sorry to zombify this thread, but it seemed fun.

10 sega saturn... woefully underrated
                              9 Atari 7800... also woefully underrated. A lot of people dont realize 7800 games were still coming out well into the nes era.
                              8 PS1, the console that brought games back to the mainstream. Plus it has a million titles
                              7 original xbox, I stayed away from the xbox for a while. I picked one up about a year before it started to be phased out. Along with the dreamcast and JFK, it is a "what could have been" situation. the hardware was really coming into its own and...yoink! Goodbye.
                              6 Sega Dreamcast, see above
                              5 SNES, I didnt have a SNES in its retail lifetime. It still has some of the best rpgs ever made.
                              4 Sega CD, although its an expansion of a different console, I count it as its own. Looking back, the" full motion video" games are embarassing and shockingly bad, but back then, hoowee!, I was hooked. Also has more solids rpgs than one would expect.
                              3 Sega Genesis This is why I didnt get an snes until much later, I loved genesis. So many great titles and a distinctly different feel that the nintendo catalogue
                              2 Tie TurboGrafx, Sega megadrive, this one is a tie now because it was a tie for me then... for a brief period my gaming setup was a Megadrive and a Turbografx side by side with a radioshack switcher. I loved both systems, but were a challenge to find games for.
                              1 NES More than a console, and icon, and for many of us a way of life. The NES was the center of my world for a long time. My buddy Steve and I spent a whole summer fishing, drinking beer and playing Tennis on NES. Everything was solved by Tennis.
                              I lived in a pop up camper in my parents front yard. The only things I had was a mini fridge and an NES. So much fun, So many great games.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                                That 80's guy
                                • Jul 27, 2011

Great list misterdroid. I still wished I had gotten an turbographx when it was released. The Legendary Axe was a great game. It also had a few good rpg's as well. Double Dungeon was one I remember liking.
                                The NES wins my best award just narrowing it out the ps1 and atari. Atari was the system that started it for me but for every good game there was probably five bad ones. I remember my neighborhood having tournaments with ms pacman on 2600 way into the nes era. The ps1 was great but I always found some of the games lackluster. The Resident Evil series, Metal Gear, and Square RPG'S are my favorites on it.
                                The NES was just fantastic to me. Me and friends would get together as much as possible on the weekends back in the late '80s and play for hours. We like everything from Rygar, Zelda, and Castlevania to the sports games such as Bases Loaded and Ten yard fight. I still play NES games on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎