no order
    saturn
    nes
    ps1
    game gear
    ps3
    dreamcast
    gensis
    but i think saturn had some great games im a collector of video game systems and games so re living my saturn days have been fun. Ps3 fat boy has to be the best playstation has ever had i think.

Comment

• torgospizza
      Theocrat of Pan Tang
      • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Figuremod73
      ps1 is where the rpg's are at. (same can be said about ps2)
      Definitely. If you haven't played Champions of Norrath on PS2, do yourself a favor and grab it. One of the best games ever made, IMO.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by torgospizza
        Definitely. If you haven't played Champions of Norrath on PS2, do yourself a favor and grab it. One of the best games ever made, IMO.
        That was very good. I also recommend Champions Return to Arms and Baldurs Gate.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

i really liked baldurs gate. I'll write down champions of norrath and champions return to arms for future referance. im almost resistant to play a system beyond the ps2 because of all the games ive missed. (ive missed alot of games on n64 and gamecube to).
          i have a xbox360 but i think i havent turned it on in about a year. it sits in another room by its self...

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

but i think saturn had some great games im a collector of video game systems and games so re living my saturn days have been fun.
            i was collecting systems for years i seem to have lost interest a little in the last few years. im really not doing as well financally either, but i think its mostly because the newer systems are so involved. really most of the time i rather crank up 2600 ms pacman or a psx game.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Without question the PS2 is my favorite console. Huge selection of emulated classic arcade games (some only seeing release on the PS2/Xbox) and PS1 backwards comparability. Sony really blew it IMO by not having the PS3 be backwards compatible with PS2 games. I would have easily picked a PS3 over the 360 if that had been the case.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by VintageMike
                Sony really blew it IMO by not having the PS3 be backwards compatible with PS2 games. I would have easily picked a PS3 over the 360 if that had been the case.
                The first PS3s are backwards compatible with the PS2. That feature was later phased out.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  The first PS3s are backwards compatible with the PS2. That feature was later phased out.
                  I'm not a a "Buy it at rollout" type. The systems are always improve (say increased storage) and the price goes down as time goes by. So by the time I was ready to pick between a PS3 or an Xbox360 the feature was long gone. Just seems ridiculous with the way technology has advanced that it was so hard to keep including it.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

i would find the ps3 more desireable if it played ps2 also...

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      That was very good. I also recommend Champions Return to Arms and Baldurs Gate.
                      I'm like 99% sure CoN was built on the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance engine (an excellent game in it's own right, as you said [Kromlech FTW!]), but I could be wrong. They were both by Snowblind, so probably so. As far as Champions: Return to Arms goes, I'd never been so excited waiting for a console game to come out, and was there waiting for the store to open on release day. There were some genius moments in it (importing your character via memory card, new classes and races), but I found the medal rounds could be insanely daunting and the quality of the drops seemed nerfed in comparison to the great gear I got in the first game.

Having said that, it was easy to hack w/ a Game Shark, and you could create your own gear with whatever stats you chose. I had a ring that would grow your health back literally faster than you could die from being one-shotted, and a lightning hammer with somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 damage. It's fun to play around with them, but it kills the fun after a bit, because there is no challenge. It's best to have two separate game saves for this: a legit one and the cheating one.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by torgospizza
                        As far as Champions: Return to Arms goes, I'd never been so excited waiting for a console game to come out, and was there waiting for the store to open on release day. There were some genius moments in it (importing your character via memory card, new classes and races), but I found the medal rounds could be insanely daunting and the quality of the drops seemed nerfed in comparison to the great gear I got in the first game.
                        I agree Return to Arms wasn't as good as the first game. I personally didn't care for the portal zones. I liked having the one larger world like the first game. Still good, just thought the first one was a bit more fun. Same with Baldur's Gate. The second one was good but I still liked the first one better.

I wished Sony had continued the Norrath series onto the PS3. Untold Legends Dark Kingdom wasn't nearly as good. I still would have liked an improved sequel though. The two PSP ones were fun.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 27, '11, 1:50 PM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

In no particular order:

SNES

ColecoVision

Intellivision

PS1 & PS2

GBA & DS

Dreamcast (a good console... went before its time.)

Xbox & Xbox 360

GameCube (a great machine! Nintendo dropped this little gem too early to concentrate on all that arm-waving nonsense. )

TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment Super System/PC Engine
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

i have never owned an tubographx 16. i knew someone with the portable (turboexpress?) neat little machine. i liked that it used cards instead of cartridges. The Legendary Axe was the best game i played on it. Some good pinball games too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

The Turbo didn't have the biggest library but it did have some really neat games. I always liked Bonk and Neutopia.

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

I pulled out my turbographx recently and my son really liked it. We had fun playing the 2 Bonk games and Devil's Crush.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎