X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Suggestions for 14 year old daugter?

I have asked before and have some good suggestions but am still a bit stumped mostly because I have never watched the movies that she said were "scary" to her. She said "Saw" and "Paranormal Activity" are the two scariest movies she has ever seen (I haven't seen either one). I know a little of both...I think Paranormal Activity is based on some reality distorted where Saw is a crazy psycho and very graphic. Honestly, I am not scared by either but am trying to find a happy medium for her. I have told her repeatedly not too watch these movies but she does at a friend's house which she openly tells me because I don't judge her or her friends. I do tell her that I do not like her watching rated "R" movies considering she is 14 but have seen movies like "The NotebooK" which I think is completely inappriate for my daughter. I gave a wide range of movies between "Paranormal Activity" and "Saw" but would appreciate any suggestions. I am not the judgemental dad who tells her right from wrong or that she shouldn't be watching these movies. Any suggestions?
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

None off hand. Just wanted to say that you sound like a totally amazing dad!

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

In telling you that she watched R rated movies which you had said you had rather her not watch, she could be asking you for direction and/or discipline.

Maybe discuss what she saw in the films and how it made her feel. Were the films beneficial, entertaining and fun or were they disturbing, thrilling, silly, boring, a waste of time? Maybe, discuss why she watched them when she knew that you didn't approve.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎