Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Spiderman #1 GRADED 1.0

Amazing Spiderman #1 GRADED 1.0

I need everyone's honest opinion:

On a good day, what is an Amazing Spiderman #1 graded 1.0 worth?

What would you pay for one?

That's a tough one. A grade of 1.0 means it's pretty rough, so there are a lot of variables involved.

ON the other end, here's an example of a great condition ASM 1.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 (1963) MINT- 9.9 (RESTORED) LIKELY THE NICEST EXISTING #1 | eBay
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

that is a restored copy though. Doesn't restoration lower the value on comic books?

4. Restoration hurts value most guys want unrestored. I will pay any where from $500 to $1000 depends what the 1.0 is graded as i mean if just missing pieces inside then im ok with that if its detached im ok with that too. If spideys face is cut out its gunna be cheap. Do u have one forsale or pics of what your buying, I have been buying and tradeing comics for years spidey 1 is a favorite of mine i like silver surfer 4 just as much classic cover.
    Last edited by tjanse; Nov 9, '11 at 1:58 PM.

a grade of 1.0 means it is in FAIR condition, which is not a collectible condition for me. I won't purchase anything in the Silver Age that is below a GOOD. I might buy a Golden Age comic in FAIR condition if it was one that I really wanted.

I know ASM #1 is very desirable, but not in FAIR (1.0) condition.

That said, I would think a reasonable price would be anywhere in the $750-1000 range. Anything more and you will never get a return on your investment in my opinion.

And yes...restoration does lower the value on a book.

6. here is a link of spidey issue 1 price breakdown
    ComicsPriceGuide.com

be careful which spidey u buy the variant one is cheaper

Thats what I would have said to - $750-1000. I have one in my collection that I love and will keep. I paid $600 for mine. Just didn't think they were worth the prices people ask for them. I actually put mine on eBay along time ago with a buy it now of $1300 just to test the waters and market and it didn't sell.

$600 was a very fair price for that issue in that grade.

You never know with Spiderman. Every time a movie comes out, the comics go up in value as new collectors hit the market.

If you could sell it for $1300 after this new movie comes out, I would do it. Then take that money, save a little more, and buy one for about $1750 in good/very good condition.

here is mine by the way...

Last edited by Megospidey; Nov 9, '11 at 2:31 PM.

I was thinking the same thing. After the new movie comes out next year, maybe it will spark peoples interest to want an Amazing Spiderman #1 CGC 1.0 for fairly cheap.

I'd imagine a 1.0 might be of interest to someone looking to assemble a better condition Spidey #1 out of bits and pieces, depending on the condition of the indi ideal pages and such. Ie they wouldn't want it if it were water damaged throughout or a tear through all the pages.