Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The only difference I see are the thigh high boots.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

PG's current look is pretty much her original look with some added "realism" to her boots gloves and costume in general. Zippers, flaps, lines in her body suit.

She's had so many variations on her white/red/blue suit it ain't funny. Anything beats her JLE yellow and white jazzercise suit and that god-awful Arion-inspired number with the diamond shape peep-hole. Blech.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Yeah; the comic cover is how I picture her too. I remember in years gone by she was always drawn somewhat girly. Made sense; since she was usually portrayed as being younger than most heroes. Not a fan of the ripped version. Too much like EVERYONE ELSE in comics. Didin't like the JLI super-macho version either.

I have a friend who's a HUGE (some might say "pathological") PG fan. He liked her since he was a kid, 'cos she seemed more accessible than the other heroes. Guys like Superman are almost godlike; which is intimidating, and guys like Batman were too... er... "focussed" to be approachable. Power Girl seemed like someone it'd be cool to hang out with. (Batman can be pretty scary when you're 8.)

I DO like the head sculpt on the 13" one. I'd boof out the hair more though. Maybe if I get around to a Mego scaled one.... (I'd probably put her on a 7" body.)

Don C.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Cory Everson always reminded me what an Older version of Power Girl might have looked like.

This model looks like a young version of Power Girl

Last edited by kingdom warrior; May 30, '07, 7:29 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Alex Ross used that version of the costume in Kingdom Come waaaay before Jim Lee.

Perhaps,.. but DC "themselves" Reported the "costume update" ... is Jim Lee's design,.. I read it in a Wizard months ago,.. I wish I knew which one..
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                Perhaps,.. but DC "themselves" Reported the "costume update" ... is Jim Lee's design,.. I read it in a Wizard months ago,.. I wish I knew which one..

believing what's printed in Wizard is like whats in the National Enquirer.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

For me, Jaime Eason has the perfect Power Girl "look". Athletic and toned, yet still feminine.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    believing what's printed in Wizard is like whats in the National Enquirer.

Just to settle the costume issue, she had the peek-a-boo hole in her first appearance...

Although they couldn't keep the consistency of whether the cape string went around her underarm on one side or around the neck...

I would blame Wally Wood (the man did have a drinking problem that was well documented)... as well as her busty proportions.

They changed her costume after her initial All Star Comics "Super Squad" appearance to this...
                    Losing the circular hole, high neck and cape string.

And that is the way she appeared in subsequent appearances...

Alex Ross and other currrent artists are simply going back to her Original 1st appearance costume.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

PG in the JLA/JSA crossover days...

Founding member of Infinity Inc.

Post-Crisis reboot...

PG in her eighties miniseries (Post Crisis Arion's Grand-daughter phase)

PG in JLE with art by Bart Sears...

As a member of Sovereign Seven (Chris Claremont's creatore owned series set in the DCU).

Birds of Prey

Her 1st appearance in the contemporary JSA

And finally, the Return of the high neck and cleavage circle...
                      Last edited by samurainoir; May 31, '07, 2:58 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

The "original" Costume reappeared in the current DCU in the JSA

Of coarse there were a half dozen different artists going through JSA around this time, so citing who actually brought back the costume is hard to say... for all we know it could have been Geoff Johns or David Goyer who requested it. Or Editorial.

As someone else mentioned Alex Ross brought back this costume much earlier in the pages of Kingdom Come during the nineties.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

One explanation about why this costume came back as she joined the JSA.

Comment

• nikejam25
                            • Jun 29, 2007

I think her super power is the ability to walk upright and not have two black eyes when she flies !!
                            Dammit Jim!!! I'm a doctor not a forklift!!!

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Always love a good Power Girl thread---if those Jaime pix don't
                              represent a great Power Girl, I don't know what would, eh screw it,
                              I just think she's great regardlesss!
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

I like her JLU look. Has Mattel done a figure of her yet? For either of their DC lines?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎