Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roman-i210
    • May 28, 2011

somewhat disapointed. what happened?

I haven't been on in a while. I did buy Cap, Phantom and Doc Evil and I was highly thrilled with them in 8" orm. However, I am disapointed that you've really not done much else. Why weren't other licenses abtained. I thought or sure we'd have 8" Green Hornet / Kato and Lone Ranger / Tonto.
    I had thought we might see action boy, possibly a female figure and even a black Cap.

Just putting that out there. Sorry Dave and Jason. You have done good work and not to insult ya at all I am merely stating I my disapointment that you've fallen short on my expectations.

Rob
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I agree wholeheartedly. There's really no reason that the Castaway juggernaut hasn't overtaken Mattel by now. Slackers.

Comment

• timb
      Will Draw for Toys
      • May 1, 2009

I think the misfortune of their manufacturer in China trying to rip them off and then subsequently destroying their tooling them was a significant setback.

They did just release that awesome Flash Gordon 12" figure which is defintely noteworthy: ) I'm no expert, but I think it's safe to say that licensing characters and overseas manufacturing is not cheap.

I'm sure they have some cool things up their sleeve for the future though: )
      Last edited by timb; Nov 1, '11, 8:09 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Just joking Tim.

Comment

• timb
          Will Draw for Toys
          • May 1, 2009

NP, I figured you were with the "slackers" comment LOL. Since Rob was new, didn't know if he knew about the unfortunate China shinanigans: )

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

It's been a long, strange road for us lately... We have had some serious setbacks, and some neat new opportunities as well... we are working on it and we hope this next year will see some new and different stuff in many forms.

-Dave

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Don't sugar coat it, we know all the profits were blown on faberge eggs and private jets.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

It all sounded so good......buy the faberge eggs, let them hatch and mature, breed the faberges to get more eggs......

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  It all sounded so good......buy the faberge eggs, let them hatch and mature, breed the faberges to get more eggs......

Comment

• roman-i210
                    • May 28, 2011

And hookers and blow and trips to vegas...

Actually I am not "new" but I have been seriously out of touch on what was and,is happening. It's all good. I was curious is all.

Imean you guys had such an awesome start and so you really raised the bar. Imean combining the ljn body style with mego style was genious.

It was so great to see the smaller Cap and Doc. It was almost like, "why didn't any one think of this decades ago?" It was very cool.

I thought thePhantom as the initialoffering was fitting. I guess I had "assumed GreenHornet was next and he'd certainly be followed by the Lone Ranger as these have beenpart of Cap's history.

Lord I hope that Seth Rogen P.O.S. wasn't a stumbling block. Rogen should personally buy each of us a figure for sitting through that.

Anyhow, Did I not read an article that there are to be a line of 12" figures ? no thanks. I had all the original CA's as a child. they were lost long time ago.

did I nor read there was a line of 12" Figures with costumes that are dress up cap as Marvel Heroes? See now if that be the case, really... do em in 8" form.

really would be cool to have a standars cap figure and have suits for him reminiscent o the originalpackaging only in8" form. I guess Iam satying smaller is better...
                    Last edited by roman-i210; Nov 1, '11, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

They are merely in phase 2 right now!

Although roman i210 should check out the 12" Flash Gordon if he is interested in licensed stuff Cast-a-way has put out lately.
                      Cast-a-Way On-line Store

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 1, '11, 12:17 PM.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• roman-i210
                        • May 28, 2011

Originally posted by David Lee
                        It's been a long, strange road for us lately... We have had some serious setbacks, and some neat new opportunities as well... we are working on it and we hope this next year will see some new and different stuff in many forms.

-Dave
                        Dave:
                        I can only imagine. Not being critical just disapointed as I am sure you are as well as many others. I hope things do go better. You really had such a great start.

Comment

• roman-i210
                          • May 28, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          They are merely in phase 2 right now!

Although roman i210 should check out the 12" Flash Gordon if he is interested in licensed stuff Cast-a-way has put out lately.
                          Cast-a-Way On-line Store

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7bY7CO0qee...flash-pair.jpg
                          They're cute. If they're not 8" figures I don't even bother. I am not a fan of the larger figures. Like breasts, I like em small ....

Joking of course. I really do prefer the 8" figures. I think that EMCE and Biff got the idea to do the 80's movie version. Their Ming is gorgeous.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
                            I don't think there is a person here who doesn't hope that they can sort out their manufacturing issues so that they can make the 8" version they showed at Mego Meet this year.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/sca...=640&ysize=640
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Megazord Mike
                              • Apr 22, 2010

I hope they milk Buster and do a monochromatic version. But what I'd really like to see is Buster in the costume the Mego version had. It's definitive Alex Raymond styling and would be cool to finally see it on Buster.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎