X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

The Most Valuable Action Figures

Just saw this fluff piece on yahoo news....

The Most Valuable Action Figures Photos | The Most Valuable Action Figures Pictures - Yahoo! Games
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • Den82
    Career Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Star Wars 1978 Darth Vader with single telescoping lightsaber light saber | eBay

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

That's a real piece of poorly researched fluff. The comments are funny, especially all the people who say they had that Darth Vader. The article should say that it's the double telescoping Vader that's rare and worth big bucks (along with the corresponding Luke and Ben), not the regular one.

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Look at all the people saying they had that Batman...and the ones wondering why there are no TMNT.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

They don't mention the blank back Boba Fett.

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

They don't mention a lot of things and they certainly don't distinguish between a boxed or carded version vs a loose one. Also, we just saw a Mego RC Solid Boxed Robin sell for thousands just two weeks ago and there was no mention of that. I'm also pretty sure that a Montgomery Ward SI figure would trump most on that list too. Its just crazy how most of Yahoo's articles on anything are constructed like this. Of course everyone had that Vader. It was THE only Darth Vader figure anyone had in the 80's because it was the only one they made that size! I wonder how many people are reading that thinking they have that figure somewhere...or worse thinking they HAD that figure....The double telescoping saber is the key and the picture they used just showed a loose Vader with a lightsaber. One more thing, outside of Scratch the Cat and a few boxed vehicles are there any TMNT toys worth anything these days?
            "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Den82
              Career Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

I don't think so. But I am looking to get a lot of the early TMNT stuff. I may go to look at a lot of toys tomorrow that supposedly has a Technodrome and other stuff.

Comment

• spacecaps
                Second Mouse
                • Aug 24, 2011

Turtles was the first toy line I was too old to play with but still young enough to enjoy the cartoon. My brother on the other hand had anything and everything TMNT. He still has most of it packed up too. Technodrome has a lot of little pieces to it so when you do find it, its almost never complete. I'm looking for the TMNT Duelin Dudes...It was the Turtles version of Rockem Sockem Robots only with Michelangelo vs Shredder instead of the red & blue bots. It was made by Remco in the early 90's. I found one at a flea market a few weeks ago and passed on it, mentioned it to my brother that I had come across one cause he had one as a kid, and then had to listen to him lament that his broke years ago and our parents threw it away and he hasn't seen one since....If I had known that I could have gotten him a really cool (and cheap) Christmas present. There's one on ebay for $100 but come on, I could have had the one I found for $8!

Comment

• jwiz154
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by spacecaps
                  One more thing, outside of Scratch the Cat and a few boxed vehicles are there any TMNT toys worth anything these days?
                  Okay, I'll admit it! I'm a die-hard TMNT collector. Been collecting them since the figures were first released in '88. And I'm proud (maybe!) to be able to say I "got 'em all"! As with anything they're only worth what someone will give you for them, but there are quite a few figures worth more than Scratch.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

I've spoken to sooo many people over the years who erroneously claim to have had the rocket firing Boba Fett.

Invariably they always maintain their assertion even after the situation regarding the figure has been explained to them.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Den82
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

It seems as if I'm getting more responses to my Craigslist wanted ad since this article went online.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

There are so many Star Wars omissions from that list. Where's Anakin Skywalker? Or the Droids version of Boba Fett? Or Vlix.

Comment

• Bones
                          Museum Patron
                          • Oct 4, 2009

I've always thought I had the vinyl cape Jawa when I was a kid, along with one with the cloth robe. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎