X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotu
    jerk
    • Dec 16, 2001

Business Thought for Repro Style Megos

I was just wondering if any of the repro style Mego makers had reached across the aisle to the OTHER world of 1/9 hobbyists. Our friends in the pony aisles Breyer and so forth also use similarly scaled Mego style figures and many of them enjoy customizing them and such. I am sure that they would love to see some fresh faces in their ranks. Just a thought.
    sigpic
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

I think that's a great idea. We actually have almost everything we need to make them.

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

a while back i was looking at the junior rider ashley as a possible body for a wonder girl custom. still havent gotten around to ordering one though. the figure and horse are actually rather nice. i think the doll itself is like twelve dollars, but kinda hard to find. Breyers look like they would work nice for customs, but i havent seen one up close yet.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

btw, know any sites that have fans that specialize in their customs? I would be interested in it, probably many others as well. Anyone?

Comment

• Megotu
          jerk
          • Dec 16, 2001

I really try not to get into other people's bidness, it just seemed like a way to move some product to me.
          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I thought the same thing a few years ago, but found that for the most part they prefer their collectibles with hooves. I think most of them have figured out how to dress John Boy in a CTVT shirt and slap a cowboy hat on him, which disappointed me greatly.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jun 1, 2011

Originally posted by Megotu
              I was just wondering if any of the repro style Mego makers had reached across the aisle to the OTHER world of 1/9 hobbyists. Our friends in the pony aisles Breyer and so forth also use similarly scaled Mego style figures and many of them enjoy customizing them and such. I am sure that they would love to see some fresh faces in their ranks. Just a thought.
              Are the Breyer Horses 1/9? I've never really dealt with them, and always just assumed they were designed for 1/6. Mego sized makes much more sense, though.
              Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎