Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voyager Model Kit Re-Released, (Fantastic Voyage-not Star Trek)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Voyager Model Kit Re-Released, (Fantastic Voyage-not Star Trek)

We don't talk much about model kits here. I have not built any model kits in 10 years. My last attempt was 1997 and they still remain unfinished. However, I was excited to see that Moebius Models, ( the sucessor to the now defunct Polar Lights), was re-releasing this kit. This craft has been reverse engineered from the old Aurora kit. I just got mine and it is wonderful!!!

The attractive design and simplicity of assembly of this kit make it a good choice if you want to get back into model-building. It requires little painting or sanding as long as you clip the pieces off the parts tree carefully. You may wish to buy model kit glue as well. I thought TRU had it in stock and alas they do not have any. As soon as the new Star Wars kits sold out they got rid of all their glue. You can order the kit from: CultTVman.com or Starshipmodeller.com. There is a review of the kit here:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/other/mvoy.htm

Some of you may be old enough to recall this cartoon, based on the movie Fantastic Voyage. I caught the cartoon in syndication in the late 1970's here in NYC. This vehicle, Voyager, bears no resemblance to Proteus, the vehicle in the feature film. Still I like it very much. Maybe you will too:

Last edited by johnmiic; Dec 16, '07, 9:12 PM.
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

I have a ton of boxed model kits that I wish i can get to. I was advid builder in the 70's and the mid 80's i was tring build all of star fleet.
    I love the voyger from the cartoon, I wish they produce the film version.
    I want to get there release Or Rommel's Ride.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎