X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

GO! Absolutely GO!

I went several years back to see Bride of Frankenstein at a theater in Pasadena, CA. The classic movie combined with the atmosphere of the historic theater (built in the mid-twenties) and the affinity of the crowd made for a truly unique & memorable experience which I often think about and look back on.

Comment

• wolfie
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 31, 2007

it would be great in the right sort of cinema. Going to watch it in one of the new flashy multiplex things would be a waste of time.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Definitely go. Back when I was at the U there was a theater that showed old movies on the big screen. Went and saw a few things.... "Inframan" on the big screen was awesome! (I went with some younger guys who'd never seen it before.) 'Specially 'cos they'd play trailers appropriate for the era before the films.

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

My biggest regret was not seeing "Logan's Run" on the big screen on my 30th birthday. I would grab this opportunity with both hands...
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mirrorman
            On Patrol
            • Jul 18, 2011

A classic ... on the BIG screen. You HAVE to go.

Comment

• artskull
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 14, 2010

GO! Do not miss an opportunity to see classic flix on the big screen in theater with other film fans. Philadelphia area horror/grindhouse fans owe it to themselves to check out Exhumed Films. Exhumed has been showing horror/grindhouse flix once a month for over 10 years! I kick myself for some of the shows I've missed.
              --
              ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• almitysufx
                Persistent Member
                • May 27, 2004

Got my tickets an hour ago. I'm taking my nephew who just started likeing the old b&w horror movies. I got tickets to Evil Dead The Musical for tomorrow night too. Now I'm really excited!

Comment

• almitysufx
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 27, 2004

Wow, cant believe i had any second thoughts about this. It was great to see this in a crowded theater, and a real theater to boot. The Valentine theater was built in 1909 and recently refurbished, chances are Frankenstein was shown there on its first release run. We had a very good time. Thanks everyone, I wish you all could have been there.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

That's great that you got to go. Two years ago, my boss and I got to see a double feature: Son Of Godzilla (w/ subtitles), and Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman. It was great to see those classics on the big screen, sit in the theatre w/ other people, and eat popcorn. I wish they'd do it again.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Glad you went. I've passed up several experiences like this, and have always regretted them, especially now that I'm older and have a greater appreciation of the classics.

I wouldn't hesitate to see any of the classic Universal flicks on the big screen. Unfortunately, around here that's not too likely to happen.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• DocDrako
                        Formerly Doc Drako
                        • Nov 11, 2004

I'm not a huge fan of Frankenstein (never saw the movie), but I'd go see it on the big screen.

We have a local theater that occasionally shows older films. I missed seeing "A Christmas Story" there when it was shown during the holidays. I think a theater that shows classic films is a great idea. Gotta see those movies as they were intended.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎