• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

"Disco" NightWing on The Batman today

Hey Guys,

.. Anyone catch this ? Disco NightWing was on Batman ! Man it was Fantastic !!!! Sure his character was Robin's internet Warrior, but the character was there, threw several scenes,... It was sooooooooooo, cool ! Finally, Disco NightWing made is Debu.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Uggh, not Perez's design. That is his weak point, costume design. Nightwing, Jericho, even Deathstroke is a bit to busy.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Overkill
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Aw man, I missed it! I love that Nightwing design. So funky yet awesome! Now I have to wait until that episode is repeated or uploaded. =(
      Last edited by Overkill; Dec 16, '07, 4:57 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Uggh, not Perez's design. That is his weak point, costume design. Nightwing, Jericho, even Deathstroke is a bit to busy.
        I didn't mine Perez' Nightwing design but his Jericho was ghastly....still not sure what exactly he was trying to accomplish with that. Deathstroke's design is cool, pretty much a reworked Taskmaster...also by Perez.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I think Perez is a bit hit and miss.

I agree that Jericho and Nightwing were horrible costumes.

Other "Misses"...

Kole...

Cyborg...

I'm of two minds on this. While this is a very memorable, "classic" look, particularly the half-metal face, I just can't get past the garter belts.

Troia...

Again there are some nice touches like the starfield on the costume and the greek spartan warrior, but I don't think it pulls together successfully.

His Mento redesign was a bit too generic...

There are the "hits" IMHO...

Deathstroke on the other hand has some pretty classic elements. Particularly how he incorporated the one-eye aspect of his mask.

Swashbuckler book are definitely a nice touch for this character.

I think his design for Brother Blood worked quite well (all things considering with this character).

His biggest successes are certain female characters.

Starfire...

Red Sonja from space!

Raven...

I think the visual of the costume has always summed up this character quite well.

Scarlet Witch's Gypsy costume was quite well good as well.
          Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 16, '07, 11:47 PM.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

I thought it was a very unique way to integrate Nightwing into the show without the standard "visit the future", "came from the past", or this is what your future holds type stories. I like that Dick Grayson's Robin was able to exist with Dick Grayson's Nightwing in a unique fashion that also foretold his future growth as a superhero. Kudos to the writers for that one, I enjoyed it a lot. The show is getting better each season, and this is by far the best. I've even managed to forgive their Rastafarian gorilla like Joker, although they overuse the character way too much.

Comment

• jds1911a1
              Alan Scott is the best GL
              • Aug 8, 2007

don't forget that the original Perex nightwing costume is also influenced by the Silver age superman Kandorian nightwing

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Is Kole a Perez design or Jose Luis Garcia Lopez? I've always liked Perez' design work on Brother Blood.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ pretty sure Kole is Perez, too. As well as that Azreal winged guy that showed up around the same time.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

I absolutely agree with every word you just said.

This show gets better and better and this season has been incredible with its guest heroes (GL and GA)and villains (Sinestro and Count Vertigo) and the storylines are fantabulous!

This could be the best superhero cartoon ever.

Originally posted by Hulk
                    I thought it was a very unique way to integrate Nightwing into the show without the standard "visit the future", "came from the past", or this is what your future holds type stories. I like that Dick Grayson's Robin was able to exist with Dick Grayson's Nightwing in a unique fashion that also foretold his future growth as a superhero. Kudos to the writers for that one, I enjoyed it a lot. The show is getting better each season, and this is by far the best. I've even managed to forgive their Rastafarian gorilla like Joker, although they overuse the character way too much.
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Loved the fact that Perez's Scarlet Witch Costume (mark II) played up her gypsy heritage. Something often overlooked with this character.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                        Is Kole a Perez design or Jose Luis Garcia Lopez? I've always liked Perez' design work on Brother Blood.
                        You are right! I always assumed Kole was a Perez design because of Crisis.

George Pérez on Kole [from Comics Interview #50, 1987]

A Kole commission from George Pérez - courtesy of Marcus Mebes.

A Kole convention sketch by Jose Garcia-Lopez.
                        ANDY MANGELS: What's the true story behind Kole and Azrael? Did you create those characters?

GEORGE Pérez: I actually designed it entirely differently. There is a drawing I did of Azrael that doesn't look anything like Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's version of Azrael. Originally, Marv came up with the idea of an angel at the time I was still on the book. Then, when I left the book, I thought it would be unfair for Jose, with his design sense, that every character he does is based on a George Pérez design, since Azrael was never printed. So I let him design Azrael, and while he was on the book, he was also entitled to design Kole. Even though Kole was printed in CRISIS before she appeared in TITANS, that was because of the timing - I had gotten the xerox of Jose's pencils. Jose designed both of them. Azrael was originally designed looking totally different, and Jose came up with his own version; he never saw mine - No one has seen mine except for Marv.
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 16, '07, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

I personally love all the Perez Titans Costumes. I think they all look great.

& Agreed on the StateMent Hulk. This season is Just simply Fantastic. Whe this cartoon 1st came out,.. I hated it. However it seems that ever since they introduced Gordon, Robin & Batgirl, with each episode, its just great. The Hal Jordan Green Lantern Episode last week was just too freak'in cool.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

The Man Hunter was on this week. His character was quite exciting. It was a 2 part . anyone see this ? I think the Justice League are comming.

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

In my best Jim Rome voice, "Phenomenal!"

What a great episode. Every week this show continues to surprise me and every week I am more and more convinced it is THE best animated super hero show ever.

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              The Man Hunter was on this week. His character was quite exciting. It was a 2 part . anyone see this ? I think the Justice League are comming.
                              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎