Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I missed this, but my son told me all about it. He was excited to see Nightwing again, in a different form than last time.

You guys are harshin' on George! I will admit, Jericho's design is just...odd. That whole character is a bit of a hodge-podge. A holdover name from Wolfman's rejected/reworked original TT tale ("The Titans Fit the Battle of Jericho"), and some very feminie costume elements for a male hero. And neither have anything to do with his powers.

The original Nightwing outfit gets a lot of flack, BUT try to remember, they were trying to make a natural evolution from the original Robin costume. The high collar is really the only thing that makes it dated, and that was to give him a swashbuckling look, and to harken back to his circus roots (ala Deadman's high collar). It was a step in the right direction.

All the other original NTT characters have great designs. I feel Jericho was really the only misstep George made. Others have a hard time drawing his characters though.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      All the other original NTT characters have great designs. I feel Jericho was really the only misstep George made. Others have a hard time drawing his characters though.
      Agreed. I can get past the "garter belts" on Cyborg for example because the rest of the character just works. Perez' costumes are hard to draw (if you're not Perez) I imagine because they are often pretty complicated pieces of work. Raven's design is pretty simple though. I must say, his original designs still hold up much better than some of the redesigns the Titans have seen since then.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎