X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

As a prototype this is pretty solid.
    I like the sculpt. I hope the paint notes are paid attention to and adjusted.
    I think the fur is fine.

Stuffs I'd change on the prototype:
    Belly. Is that stuffing in the suit? Doesn't need that, please.
    It also looks like the legs are lengthened? Is that my imagination? Either that or it's the stuffing in the stomach - which is throwing my inner sense of anatomy off a lot when I look at the prototype's arms because it's making them appear too short. Looks a bit Beatles Yellow Submarine Blue Meanie to me.

If it's made just like this, I'll buy one and pull the head off for a different body mod, because the sculpt is great. If it's made on a regular 8" stock body without LOST baby bump though, I don't think anyone will mind. My fingers are crossed for the arm/leg ratio to get fixed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Wow, cool to see this line happening. And he's much better looking than the old Kenner hunk of junk.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Really awesome sculp. I am very pleased with it and am so pleased they went with the fur suit. Only thing wrong is the belly. This is the one thing I really would change on it. Also I hope the final product will have darker face paint. BBP thank you so much for showing this and getting us that much more excited for the SMDM line. Can't wait.

Comment

• kennermike
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          . And he's much better looking than the old Kenner hunk of junk.
          LOL
          Last edited by kennermike; Oct 15, '11, 2:17 PM.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

For the fact that the line was just announced and already there is a prototype I think is amazing. We have seen prototypes change from start to finish, so I am not worried. The belly does look a bit too much. The sculpt is fine to me. I'm sure the paint apps will change a bit.
            It's all good!

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Looks Good to me! I'll be getting these for sure!
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

So I have new observations after seeing the proto in person:

The face is darker than it appears in the photo. There were other figures around it in the display case so in comparison to the regular flesh tone of the other ones, it was darker.

He is at least 8 1/2 inches tall. He seems to have new legs from the knee down that are extended and have... Well, big feet. On the proto, the feet and calves are 1 piece ala Star Trek.

The belly didnt seem like it was stuffed. It may be an unfortunate result of the bunching up of fabric or maybe the Gremlin suit pattern was used without alteration...who knows. But it didn't bother me as much in person and it might be an easy fix if it makes it all the way to the production figure.

So I like it more after seeing it in person. I plan to get a couple for sure!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I think this line will be a massive hit. I hope they make Steve Austin with his traditional tan outfit he used in so many missions. In my eyes, that outfit is more iconic than the red jogging suit that Kenner promoted. In the show, you only saw that red outfit in the origin story and a traditional version in the Bionic Woman story when he and Jamie were running together. Outside of that, he was in his mission threads. And when you look at most customs, that is what people put him in.

Comment

• will5967
                    Member of the Assembly
                    • Sep 27, 2009

Holy prototypes, Batman! Although I am quite confident that the final product will look great, I gotta agree with everyone who sees a mountain man in an ape suit at this initial stage. The sculpt makes him look a lot more docile than Andre did in costume on the show and it's not just how light his face is. Though sure, that is certainly a big factor. But who's complaining? This is FANTASTIC NEWS and will make an awesome figure when it's finally released.
                    Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• will5967
                      Member of the Assembly
                      • Sep 27, 2009

Wait! I was just thinking of that podcast about the guy who keeps writing to get Polar Bear Man produced. If there was a white version of this figure.... Oh, that is a scary thought!
                      Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• will5967
                        Member of the Assembly
                        • Sep 27, 2009

Grizzly Bear Man?

Comment

• mhackley
                          • May 27, 2008

Originally posted by megomania
                          Yeah, I am hoping this doesn't turn into another "this is going to be a horrible figure because the prototype isn't exactly what I want" thread...
                          Amen!... You'd think people would just be happy enough getting this line of figures in the first place. It seems that the longer the Re-Mego phenomena goes on, the more some take it for granted.

Comment

• Mattildo
                            • Oct 11, 2011

These are the screen caps I tried to post earlier (but my status as a new member prevented it). You can see how much darker the face make-up is. The eight shot even has his lips darkened.
                            Last edited by Mattildo; Oct 17, '11, 5:43 PM.

Comment

• Mattildo
                              • Oct 11, 2011

Originally posted by mhackley
                              Amen!... You'd think people would just be happy enough getting this line of figures in the first place. It seems that the longer the Re-Mego phenomena goes on, the more some take it for granted.

So we're supposed to be happy with whatever the final product is? The purpose of any constructive criticism is to help make sure the final product is as accurate and pleasing to as many fans as possible — ensuring both happy customers and maximized sales for BBP, and thus increasing the likelihood of further releases in the line. As Chief Creative Consultant to TimeLife's massive DVD release of The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Collection, I can assure you that a company's willingness to listen to and take advice from fans makes for a better product. It appears BBP is one of those companies, and is to be commended — and rewarded — for it.

Comment

• Mattildo
                                • Oct 11, 2011

Originally posted by Mattildo
                                http://en.swoopshare.com/file/28a2f5...t+caps&lang=en

These are the screen caps I tried to post earlier (but my status as a new member prevented it). You can see how much darker the face make-up is. The eight shot even has his lips darkened.

Well, the caps were there in preview mode and on the thread...for a minute or two... and then disappeared again.
                                Last edited by Mattildo; Oct 17, '11, 5:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎