X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattildo
    • Oct 11, 2011

Originally posted by BifBangPowJLenzi
    Hello all-

I just wanted to jump on the boards again and make note of a couple of things. Mattildo, your enthusiasm for the SMDM series is pretty obvious, your detailed posts these past couple of weeks attest to that. And none of us can stop, nor would want to stop, any of that energy flying all over the Museum boards. Please know that while we don't hit the boards every day, we pop in now and then to see what's being grumbled about or praised, just for fun.

While we do now and then engage with the fan base on the odd detail here and there, we want to be clear that all the decisions we make are internal, and we don't make any of them lightly. I appreciate you letting us know, Mattildo, that you want to help in any way you can, but I'm sure you understand that we have to make this a BBP project all the way.

The good news is, we've been doing this a long time already, quite successfully, and we're sure that we're going to make items that will please long time fans, and just as important, bring in new ones. We'll always get the odd unhappy camper, but that comes with the territory.

Thanks for posting that response! I'm sure I speak for all the fans by saying we really appreciate when a company is personally interactive with their customers. It goes a long way for our enthusiasm and loyalty. Far too many companies either ignore customer input and suggestions or respond with ambiguous form letters, resulting in a final product that isn't quite as nice as it could have been. But we're also aware that you guys are huge fans of the properties you license, and would be actively posting here if you weren't already on the "inside".

I fully trust that you will do everything in your power to satisfy as many fans as possible, within the realistic limits you obviously must operate under. We are sure looking forward to more prototype "teases", and ultimately, the actual carded figures that we'll be holding in our (bionic) hands! Keep up the great work, guys!
    Last edited by Mattildo; Nov 3, '11, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I keep looking for the "like" button when I read this thread!
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• will5967
        Member of the Assembly
        • Sep 27, 2009

Bif Bang Pow! is doing wonderfully and I think, by and large, the vast, vast majority of us are very appreciative, grateful and just plain ecstatic about all the fantastic products that have been and continue to be made available via your toy production efforts. Not to overlook EMCE, Zica or Cast-a-way, but it is difficult to imagine a company that has contributed more positively (both in terms of quality and quantity) to the 1:9 scale collector's market than BBP. "That's all I have to say about that."
        Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• will5967
          Member of the Assembly
          • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          I keep looking for the "like" button when I read this thread!
          Yeah! Too bad there isn't a 'like button' option. That might be a better gauge of the overall response of the majority of folks out here. The way it goes most often however, is that the most negative voices are the loudest and most difficult to ignore. Anyway... me likee the positive stuff. And me likee my Flash and Ming, the AWESOME Doctor Who line, the AWESOME Twilight Zone line, the AWESOME The Big Lebowski line, the AWESOME Venture Bros line and.... Ah! You get the idea.
          Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Like.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• will5967
              Member of the Assembly
              • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
              Like.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by will5967
                Bif Bang Pow! is doing wonderfully and I think, by and large, the vast, vast majority of us are very appreciative, grateful and just plain ecstatic about all the fantastic products that have been and continue to be made available via your toy production efforts. Not to overlook EMCE, Zica or Cast-a-way, but it is difficult to imagine a company that has contributed more positively (both in terms of quality and quantity) to the 1:9 scale collector's market than BBP. "That's all I have to say about that."
                I don't think one can compare the two companies because doesn't Emce work with BBP! on every 1:9 scale product that comes out? Emce does all the manufacturing end of things while BBP! works on the licensing side.

Comment

• jetzjungle
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jul 25, 2011

LOL! Jason! I actually never wanted a response from you in the first place! I'm deeply sorry you take observations about you products so personally and don't handle consumer criticism very well. However, your products don't all have the same attention to detail that they should. Hopefully, you can grow, man up, and move forward with a stricter attention to detail and quality control in your new ventures. I wish you only the best and hope to see you create quality products in the future!

Comment

• will5967
                    Member of the Assembly
                    • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by jacoblb
                    I don't think one can compare the two companies because doesn't Emce work with BBP! on every 1:9 scale product that comes out? Emce does all the manufacturing end of things while BBP! works on the licensing side.
                    No comparison was intended and my post was certainly not intended to be interpreted in any negative way, shape or form. I just didn't want to leave out any inspiration from or contribution of, other significant companies in my praise for BBP specifically.

Comment

• Mattildo
                      • Oct 11, 2011

I finished my custom SMDM cards for Steve and Oscar. You can see them, alongside Bigfoot, here:

http://en.swoopshare.com/file/9dfbcf...+CARDS&lang=en

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

So is Oscar forthcoming then? And beautiful cards by the way!
                        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• will5967
                          Member of the Assembly
                          • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by Mattildo
                          I finished my custom SMDM cards for Steve and Oscar. You can see them, alongside Bigfoot, here:

http://en.swoopshare.com/file/9dfbcf...+CARDS&lang=en
                          Stellar!

Comment

• Mattildo
                            • Oct 11, 2011

Originally posted by jessica
                            So is Oscar forthcoming then? And beautiful cards by the way!
                            Thanks! We have no idea what figures are coming first, how many, or if there will be more than one series. All we've seen is a prototype for Bigfoot, which would be safe to assume will be one of the first. I just made the cards for the three that would be the most obvious to release.

Comment

• oldboxer
                              • May 16, 2011

The original Bigfoot Figure is one of the few things that got away from me in my childhood. I remember first misplacing the chest plate and then the entire figure just kind of went away. MAN,I wish I had kept that one.
                              "Play YOUR Game!"
                              -Coach Herb Brooks
                              1980 USA Hockey

Comment

• Mattildo
                                • Oct 11, 2011

Originally posted by oldboxer
                                The original Bigfoot Figure is one of the few things that got away from me in my childhood. I remember first misplacing the chest plate and then the entire figure just kind of went away. MAN,I wish I had kept that one.
                                I still have mine in mint condition. It stayed mint because it didn't get much use when I was a kid. I always thought it was a really lame figure. It didn't look like either Andre the Giant or Ted Cassidy; wasn't tall enough; was too thin; had plastic molded "fur" rather than fabric; had virtually no articulation; featured a silly chest plate to expose circuitry (falsely implying he was a robot); inaccurate dark gray color (should have been brown). In short, it pretty much sucked. But... after a 35 year wait, it looks like we'll finally have a decent Bigfoot figure! (Thanks, Bif Bang Pow)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎