• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Fonzie's Bike Up For Sale

Famous TV Motorcycle Goes Up for Auction

A motorcycle that played a role in a classic TV show will go up for auction next month in Los Angeles, Fox News reports. The bike, a 1949 Triumph Trophy TR5, was ridden by Henry Winkler as “The Fonz” in “Happy Days.”

The only remaining motorcyle from the show, it is estimated to bring at least $90,000 at the Bonhams Classic California Sale Nov. 12, the story reports.

The bike has been in the garage of a California collector, Marshall Ehlers, who bought it in 1995 from stuntman Bud Ekins, the report notes.

According to the story: “Ekins had provided and customized the motorcycle for "Happy Days" and kept it after the show ended its run in 1984. Unfortunately, it doesn't run. Bonhams cautions that the Triumph will require a significant amount of work to make it road-worthy again.”

The bike was said to be added to the show because producers at the time became concerned that Fonzie’s black leather jacket made him look a little too tough for a prime-time sitcom character, and the motorcycle gave him a reason to wear the jacket.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I remember years ago there was a rumor one of Fonzie's motorcycles was the same motorcycle Steve McQueen used in the great escape.

Comment

• Jason73
      Correctamundo!
      • Jan 11, 2009

If I only had an extra 90 Grand.
      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• kennermike
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by Jason73
        If I only had an extra 90 Grand.
        I knew you were gonna jump on this thread like a ninja Jason Love it!

Comment

• Bill
          Parminant Memble
          • Oct 20, 2002

90 grand?
          It's no Speed Twin...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎