X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mattel 1976 Superstar Christmas Fun Book

These great little colour digests were likely distributed in newspapers and at retail locations, hoping to load children's Christmas wishlists with Mattel products. It's a great smattering of hot toys of the day from the classic Barbie and Hot Wheels to 70's phenoms Pulsar and the Sweathogs, this booklet is a nice cruise down memory lane. Click here to see inside.

I still want a Pulsar for Christmas.....

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Wow! I had (and have) a lot of those toys, and looking at all that just brings back memories! But some of that stuff was re-released for '76, considering I received a (black) Drowsy when I was 3 in 1969, and Baby That-a-way when I was 8 in '74. I have Pulsar and his Life Systems set, (rather cheap actually), but he's fun. My nephew and kid sister had the Love Notes (bear) and the Chatter Chums Mickey Mouse. But I remember almost all the commercials for this stuff.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

SUPER HAPPY FUN BOOK!!!!!!

Hee heee.... I remember a lot of those things. We had the original GI Joe capture a friend's sister's Barbie mobile home once. Not much armour, but lots of places to store weapons. I remember the Flying Aces setup too. I had the Battlestar Galactica one, and a few extra planes, and them things really flew.

And Pulsar.... or, as a friend of mine says "the guy who can't go out in the sun." One of thr weirder action figures. (My 8" one is about 1/4 done....)

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Great toys,I never got that Pulsar figure.But he looked pretty darn cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• pooper_prez
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 20, 2007

The Vertibird was one of the coolest toys ever. I also loved Sizzlers. I don't remember the Flying Aces Flight Deck, but I did get some Mattel Hot Birds (which I think came earlier) for Christmas one year.

I don't remember the Welcome Back Kotter figures either, even though I was a huge fan of the show.

Comment

• megoat
            A Therefore Experience
            • Jun 10, 2003

What's up with that "Sweathogs Bike"? I don' think I've ever seen it. Was it actually packaged in WBK packaging or was it just a generic motorcycle. Hmmm.....

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Sizzlers were the best little cars ever!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎