X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

1979 Amico Hulk Stunt Cycle!!

I'm sure very few people here know about this toy so I dug it out of the collection just to show some of you fellow collectors.

The Spider-man stunt cycle was first released in 1979 and is pretty rare but there have been a few found through the years. I've only seen 2 on EBay and a mint one sold for about 1k.

The Hulk cycle was interesting because despite the character's popularity at the time they didn't make many of them. It seems this product costed Amico a lot of money to produce and the Spidey cycle wasn't a great seller (it had a high price tag). Only about 50 Hulk's were sent to retailers and it didn't do well so the product was pulled and forever gone. You won't even find a pic of it on the internet.

Back in the mid 90's I met through some friends a guy who was an employee of Amico back in the day and he had some prototypes and items in his basement. To make a long story short I eventually met the guy and he had some cool stuff but nothing that held my interest until I saw this unopened Hulk toy that I never even knew about. He told me the story of it and said I would never see it again and it's probably the only one left in this shape and so I had to buy it!! It costed me a TON but I got it and still have it to this day!!

Anyone out there ever see it in a store? Since so few were released I would love to know.

Enjoy toy fans, this is probably the rarest of Hulk toys.

Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Oct 4, '11, 5:08 PM.
    If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

That is really cool. It another in the list of cool toys that just don't really make sense. After all, how could Hulk shift gears with those really big feet
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us.
      Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Wee67
        That is really cool. It another in the list of cool toys that just don't really make sense. After all, how could Hulk shift gears with those really big feet
        yeah, i wonder if that exhaust pipe burned his foot
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kennermike
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 4, 2007

Ive never seen that before very cool!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
            Career Member
            • Nov 27, 2009

Mega-Rare and cool as hell!! Thanks guys!
            If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

The hoop of knives is a bit disturbing for a kid's toy. Cool piece!
              It's all good!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                Career Member
                • Nov 27, 2009

Amico was just upping the danger!!!

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

The box art is phenominal. I could stare at that all day. Thx for posting.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 27, 2009

Here's a pic of the Spidey bike in a Hakes auction back in 2008.

Hake's -

Comment

• Delusional B
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 14, 2007

I've got three of these... two MIB and one loose. My Kresges had a ton of them back in the late 70's.

Heh, heh. Actually, I've never seen one of these before. Very cool!!!... I had heard of the Spidey one but never the Hulk. Congrats! Does it eat at you that you can't see the actual toy? I've got an Evel Knievel cycle sealed in a blind box and it drives me a bit crazy that I never get to see the actual toy unless I ruin it's value.
                      Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Delusional B
                        I've got three of these... two MIB and one loose. My Kresges had a ton of them back in the late 70's.

Heh, heh. Actually, I've never seen one of these before. Very cool!!!... I had heard of the Spidey one but never the Hulk. Congrats! Does it eat at you that you can't see the actual toy? I've got an Evel Knievel cycle sealed in a blind box and it drives me a bit crazy that I never get to see the actual toy unless I ruin it's value.

I was shocked when I read the first part of this. You got me!!

As for the one I have it is not sealed with any wrap. None of them were, they were just taped at the bottom (I'm sure due to cost). But mine has no markings of tape because the employee of Amico probably got this off the line. So I can see the toy and all the fixings in it. I just never had a chance to play with the damn thing.

Comment

• Delusional B
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
                          I was shocked when I read the first part of this. You got me!!

As for the one I have it is not sealed with any wrap. None of them were, they were just taped at the bottom (I'm sure due to cost). But mine has no markings of tape because the employee of Amico probably got this off the line. So I can see the toy and all the fixings in it. I just never had a chance to play with the damn thing.
                          Ah, good!... Since there doesn't seem to be much documentation on the net, it would drive me a bit crazy to not be able to see the toy. That's great.
                          Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 27, 2009

Thanks B, I love seeing new old-school toys!

Comment

• spacecaps
                              Second Mouse
                              • Aug 24, 2011

I had the exact same thing only instead of The Hulk, it was Snoopy's Stunt Cycle!
                              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎