X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    It wasn't hard to figure out either. I understood the basics at age 5.
    I guess I need to revert to my 5-yr-old self

Never being as big DC fan as a kid, I didn't have any exposure to the multivers. I've only recently tried to read some of the DC epoch adventures (Crisis, 52 and now Countdown) and I have to say it was a bit confusing.

I do think it allows the writers to experiment with different aspects of their characters, but it also feels like a cheap out to explain incrongruities after the fact.

The explaination is very helpful and I will keep with it. I really enjoyed 52.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It wasn't hard to figure out either. I understood the basics at age 5.

I guess I need to revert to my 5-yr-old self
      I hope I didn't come across as insulting. I just take issue with DC's blanket answer from 1985 where they stated no one could understand the multiverse. It's simply not true. And trying to understand a universe which contains elements of THAT multiverse, a self-contained universe that was altered 3 times, and a NEW multiverse is definitely harder to follow.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

No, not insulting at all. I think its more my lack of familiarity with the multiverse.

But I must admit, I had trouble just following this sentence-
        And trying to understand a universe which contains elements of THAT multiverse, a self-contained universe that was altered 3 times, and a NEW multiverse is definitely harder to follow.
        Understanding what the sentence is about is an even bigger challenge
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Wee67
          No, not insulting at all. I think its more my lack of familiarity with the multiverse.

But I must admit, I had trouble just following this sentence-

And trying to understand a universe which contains elements of THAT multiverse, a self-contained universe that was altered 3 times, and a NEW multiverse is definitely harder to follow.
          Understanding what the sentence is about is an even bigger challenge
          I got what Chris means..."THAT multiverse" is the original pre-Crisis multiverse, some of which spilled over into the remade "self-contained universe" that was altered 3 times (a few reboots along the way like Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis) and a "NEW multiverse" which is some of the new stuff stated in one of my above posts which doesn't necessarily jive with, although it's similar to the ORIGINAL PRE-CRISIS muliverse. Boy that IS confusing.... Excedrin headache!
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎