Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Dan Akroyd is not the genius studios think he is. He has had more flops than successes since GB. I read Akroyd was still peddling the 25+ year old script he had from the 1980's named Ghostbusters go to Hell. 25 years and no other ideas for a sequel? You still have to dust off that old script??? Ramis and Riteman and Murray need to take charge of this.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
      He has had more flops than successes since GB.
      Same could be said for his ventures in spirits.
      Is wine "might" need some aging and his vodka is very generic if you haven't tried it.
      Good marketing ploys, though. He comes to Seattle every summer for the last three years to market his spirits.

Comment

• boynightwing
        That Carl Guy
        • Apr 24, 2002

Anything has to be better then Ghostbusters 2. I hope they make another one.

I'll be there opening day, first show when it comes back in October. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie followed by Back to the Future and Superman.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by kennermike
          Maybe they can do a Charleton Heston and Kill him off in the first part of the film and bring him back for the end plus he's looking pretty old watching that face in 3D for 2 hours would be scary!.
          Wouldn't it be funny if he came back as a ghost? Now I like THAT!

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
            Wouldn't it be funny if he came back as a ghost? Now I like THAT!
            back off man Im a Scientist!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I love Ghostbusters but dread a Ghostbusters 3. Honestly, I think they waited to darn long.

Dan Aykroyd Drops Significant Ghostbusters 3 Details - ComingSoon.net

"My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac," he says, "He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation."

That's not funny. That's depressing and it's Extreme Ghostbusters all over again. Yuck. I don't want a movie were the original Busters are old and pathetic and have to pass the torch to new younger, hip and edgier Busters.

I'd rather they did a CGI cartoon of them in their prime, sort of like the recent XBOX/PS3 game, or a Real Ghostbusters movie. If they want to do another live GB movie with a younger cast, fine, recast the original roles with younger actors. The Busters are Ray, Egon, Peter and Winston. I'm just not interested in another Extreme Ghostbusters.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                Nah... Bill Murray MADE that original film. Sure everyone was funny. But they played off so much of what Bill Murray did. He has all the best moments in that film. To revive it after all this time without him would be a huge mistake. To me, going without Murray suggests their just looking for one more pay day from the franchise, rather than making a good movie. Bill Murray probably knows this and doesn't want to make a film that will tarnish their legacy in the series, especially if the movie isn't well received by critics or fans. If your going to do it, do it right. I bet that's Murray's position. Seeing them hand it off to a 'new generation' sounds dull to me.
                Agreed 100%...

I'm NOT going to watch it unless Murray is on board on some capacity.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnmiic
                  Dan Akroyd is not the genius studios think he is. He has had more flops than successes since GB. I read Akroyd was still peddling the 25+ year old script he had from the 1980's named Ghostbusters go to Hell. 25 years and no other ideas for a sequel? You still have to dust off that old script??? Ramis and Riteman and Murray need to take charge of this.
                  I did sort of liked him in Coneheads though...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Akroyd's best role after Ghostbusters was in Trading Places with Eddie Murphy.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

But if you look at the careers of both Murray and Akroyd...head-to-head...it's NO competition...Murray OWNS Akroyd.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Murray WAS rumored to be a ghost in the new film - he was also on talk shows about a year ago saying coy things like 'I'll only be in it if they kill me off in the first half', which is obviously a way of saying he'll be a ghost in the next movie. There was a different cast listed on IMDB at that time - with Paul Rudd rumored as being Bill Murray's grown up step-son from part 2 - so maybe that plan got scrapped.

I agree that without Murray "Ghostbusters" is nothing. The only laughs in Part 2 for me are the bits where he's just improving scenes with the baby and Weaver.

Originally posted by Hector
                        Akroyd's best role after Ghostbusters was in Trading Places with Eddie Murphy.
                        I love "Trading Places", but that was before "Ghostbusters". It's true, all of his movies after "Ghostbusters" were horrible except for "Grosse Point Blank", he was hilarious in that.
                        Last edited by Brazoo; Sep 17, '11, 2:54 PM.

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

I love Aykroyd - he was brilliant on SNL - Blues Brothers happened because of HIS obsession with R&B music (Belushi was more interested in rock and punk before Aykroyd got him into R&B) - "Trading Places" is one of my all-time favorite comedies - and he co-wrote "Ghostbusters" based on his growing interest in the supernatural.

I hate almost everything he's done since "Ghostbusters", but he still gets a lifetime pass from me.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

When I said "after"...I meant as next in line in term of great...I wasn't referring to it as linearly...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Oh...had forgotten about the Blues Brothers...he was great there too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                                When I said "after"...I meant as next in line in term of great...I wasn't referring to it as linearly...

OH man - thank goodness. 'Cuz I was about to go all internet-rage crazy like "GRRRR - What's WRONG with this guy?!!!" and smash my computer. This is an important subject for me!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎