Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I'd take my kids to see it!
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Ghostbusters is certainly a phenomenon again.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Great for the nostalgia factor for the older gen. I would question the embracing from the younger gen.
        My daughters did not like it. My 11 year old thought it to be cheesy and fake with regards to SPFX. Talk about being spoiled. Still getting her into stop motion classes to learn the humble beginnings of early SPFX.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I don't know, i bought the two movies as a set and my kids enjoyed them both. this is more likely an effort to guage interest in the long talked about 3rd movie

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

There's a good chance I'd go to that.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I don't know, i bought the two movies as a set and my kids enjoyed them both. this is more likely an effort to guage interest in the long talked about 3rd movie
              If that's the case, I can't see the original cast being in it.
              It might have to be a remake?

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

No, Dan Ackroyd & Harold Ramis are on board, as I hear Sigourney weaver. The holdout so far is Bill Murray. Word is the others may go forward even if Murray balks on being in it. Murray has the power to veto totally a GB film of any kind though, it seems.
                The premise is supposed to be the battered old Ghostbusters turning over the franchise to a younger team when they can't 'Bust anymore.

Dan Aykroyd And Harold Ramis To Rewrite Ghostbusters 3 Script, But Can They Make Bill Murray Happy? Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Oh, as far as Ghostbusters comic books go, IDW is launching an ongoing series (after a number of one-shots & mini-series).

Preview: Ghostbusters Ongoing #1 From IDW Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Here are the variant covers (I guess) to issue #1. I'll need to track these down!

Swipe File: Ghostbusters Vs The Beatles, Queen And Kiss Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Ghostbusters is one of the best movies of all times...I really love that movie.

Hell yeah I'll see a new one...but you GOTTA have Murray...no ifs or buts about it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                      No, Dan Ackroyd & Harold Ramis are on board, as I hear Sigourney weaver. The holdout so far is Bill Murray. Word is the others may go forward even if Murray balks on being in it. Murray has the power to veto totally a GB film of any kind though, it seems.
                      The premise is supposed to be the battered old Ghostbusters turning over the franchise to a younger team when they can't 'Bust anymore.

Dan Aykroyd And Harold Ramis To Rewrite Ghostbusters 3 Script, But Can They Make Bill Murray Happy? Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
                      Pass the torch. LOL. And the vodka. LOL I bet this might get snuck in the movie as well:

Looking forward to the what comes to fruition.

Comment

• MicromanZone
                        Banned
                        • Apr 26, 2011

Rereleasing it in October makes sense. I mean, Halloween and all. But wonder if the studio is experimenting with “stunt”/holiday releases to get people into theaters? Would make sense in a case like this. Come up with some good seasonal excuse to rerelease a film and pump more sales into theaters.

Comment

• kennermike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          Oh, as far as Ghostbusters comic books go, IDW is launching an ongoing series (after a number of one-shots & mini-series).

Preview: Ghostbusters Ongoing #1 From IDW Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Here are the variant covers (I guess) to issue #1. I'll need to track these down!

Swipe File: Ghostbusters Vs The Beatles, Queen And Kiss Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
                          I say to Dan and Harold just go for it with or with out Murray .They are both Brilliant writters and I bet Ghostbusters 3 will be better then %90 percent of the crap thats out now!
                          Last edited by kennermike; Sep 16, '11, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Nah... Bill Murray MADE that original film. Sure everyone was funny. But they played off so much of what Bill Murray did. He has all the best moments in that film. To revive it after all this time without him would be a huge mistake. To me, going without Murray suggests their just looking for one more pay day from the franchise, rather than making a good movie. Bill Murray probably knows this and doesn't want to make a film that will tarnish their legacy in the series, especially if the movie isn't well received by critics or fans. If your going to do it, do it right. I bet that's Murray's position. Seeing them hand it off to a 'new generation' sounds dull to me.
                            Last edited by MIB41; Sep 16, '11, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• kennermike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                              Nah... Bill Murray MADE that original film. Sure everyone was funny. But they played off so much of what Bill Murray did. He has all the best moments in that film. To revive it after all this time without him would be a huge mistake.
                              I hear what your saying Tom. Bill was a giant part of the First Films success he really needs to sit down with Dan, Harold and Ivan Rietman and talk about this script If your going out do right or dont do it.maybe they can do a Chuck Heston and Kill him off in the first part of the film and bring him back for the end plus he's looking pretty old watching that face in 3D for 2 hours would be scary!.

I read somewhere Rick Moranis is coming outta retirement for this, Weaver and Annie potts and Ernie Hudson are all in
                              Studios are just green lighting so much garbage these days I dont think it would be such a giant gamble
                              but on the other hand look what happend with Blues Brothers 2000 awfull film

Im gonna watch the Blu Ray tonight!
                              Last edited by kennermike; Sep 16, '11, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎