X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Snap Together Superheroes

These kits by Aurora, Addar and AMT pretty much sum up the early seventies for me, Superheroes, Planet of the Apes and Star Trek. I had a lot of these even though I really couldn't build or paint them worth a damn. The Aurora Superhero kits became impromptu action figures when I didn't have the mego figure.

In fact, my dad sold the Aurora Superhero kits, the picture below is a shot from his showroom circa 1975. Click here to see more.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ThatBatmanGuy
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

As someone who has collected Aurora & resin garage kits for many years now, those pics are a real treat. I bought several Auroras right off the shelf back in the day and tons off e-bay. I'll send the link to my guys @ the clubhouse. I know they will get a kick out of it.

Bob

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

awesome,i've always loved that Batman.Should've gotten him at the last toy show
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

Love the Superman coming through the wall...always wanted that one
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I love that ad! I've got the Captain America, Spidey and Hulk Aurora Comic Scenes models from 74 but haven't ventured in to the others yet Would love to get the Tarzan one next. One of the things that made them so cool was the little comic they came with. Did the POTA or Treks come with a comic?

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

it sure would be nice to have all 4 of those superhero snap-together models
            ---so classic
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I love the Comic Scenes models. I had several when I was a kid and now have all 10 MIB and built-up. Too bad Wonder Woman and Penguin never made it to the comic scenes stage. One day I hope to own those 2. Cool pic Brian.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎