Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Green Lantern No. 1 is the best single GL issue in quite a long time. Probably since the Sinestro Corps War and maybe before. And as Samurainoir pointed out, still very Hal.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

OK one gripe, why is one download comic 2.99 from DC? I was looking at other companies on Comixology and I can get some full miniseries for the price of that one comic.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>why is one download comic 2.99 from DC?

That's something I find weird too. A few of the bigger companies do that; charge prices comperable to a printed copy for digital. I suspect it's them trying to make up some of the over head for the printed books. Too bad, 'cos cheap digital copies would be the ULTIMATE impulse buy.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I can download a 5 issue Atomic Robo series for 3.99. I guess DC has no concern for people looking for the best value.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

The price is for new releases (same day digital) I think. The price drops after a while.

Anyone buy the bundled print copy from comic stores with digital copy?
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

This week's "new 52" pickups were Suicide Squad. Batman & Robin, and Green Lantern.
              While this isn't the lighthearted feel there was with Dick as Batman I do like the dynamic of Damian being snotty and but the Bruce basically laying it out that he's not having it.
              GL was solid, and SS was "we'll see". So far everything I've picked I'll be buying issue #2.

Comment

• aquatroy
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 28, 2002

I was concerned about Batman & Robin going in. A book about 2 redasses might be a bit much. It still might be. However, Tomasi did define the difference between the two and Gleason's illustration is always fun to look at.

Creepy villain, too.
                Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                  Superman's Pal
                  • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                  >why is one download comic 2.99 from DC?
                  I think there's a fear on the part of DC that they might offend direct market comic dealers by undercutting them and selling direct. It's a tightrope walk for sure, because DC makes a huge percentage of their sales to comic shops, and comic shops would be screwed if DC decided to sell digital books for a buck a piece.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Apparently two books have already lost their writers: Static Shock and Green Arrow
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Of the new DCU books I read, the best I thought was Demon Knights. I'm a sucker for period books.

Resurrection Man has a more supernatural spin on it than the original series, but still good.

Detective was interesting, I'll get #2.

Batgirl was dissapointing, I expected more from it. Maybe it's a slow start for simone, so we'll see how it plays out.

Hawk & Dove was mediocre but not terrible, Green Lantern was more of the same we've been getting, & Action was ok, again not great but not trash.

Suicide Squad was lousy, as was Deathstroke & Grifter..those I'm not buying again.

Comment

• boynightwing
                        That Carl Guy
                        • Apr 24, 2002

Wonder Woman was sold out when I got there today. So I downloaded it. I liked it. A lot.

I bought Catwoman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batman, Supergirl, and Birds of Prey. I still haven't read any of those yet. I'll likely read Nightwing today and spread the rest out over the week.

How did Static lose it's writer? Isn't Scott McDaniel the writer as well as the artist?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

been tempted to read WW, the monster fighting angle sounds like fun.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Just read Wonder Woman, and although I do enjoy the work of Brian Azzerello and Cliff Chiang, I have to admit I was skeptical.

Despite my misgivings, I really enjoyed this first issue. Particularly the reinvention of the Greek Gods into something strange and scary... it almost has a Sandman/Gaiman/American Gods vibe to it. They are definitely pulling some Vertigo style into the DCU.

From what I've seen so far, I don't think we'll be getting too much of Diana/Wonder Woman beyond the Amazonian Warrior in this first arc. Instead, Azzerello has pulled the trick of creating a sympathetic human character for us to view these events through.

One of my favourite New 52 titles thus far.

Although truth be told, New Avengers #16 for me blew everything else out of the water this week in terms of what's on the racks for mainstream superheroes. Mike Deodato has changed his style again to draw Daredevil and it's more Neal Adams than Neal Adams is these days!
                            Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 22, '11, 1:35 PM.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              Suicide Squad was lousy, as was Deathstroke & Grifter..those I'm not buying again.
                              totally agree.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Picked up Batman and Supergirl on Wednesday.

Been anticipating the Supergirl issue to see how they're handling her in the reboot. Always liked the character. Was sorry to see her go back during the Crisis, but understood the reasoning behind it (making Kal-El truly the last survivor of Krypton, etc.).

Really liked Loeb & Turner's work reintroducing her to the DCU back in 2005.
                                The arc in Superman/Batman and the first few issues of her solo series were great.

The new 52 version might take some getting used to, but I'll give it a few issues.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎