X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

My Mego by LordMudd.

Here is my collection of Comic Action Heroes by Mego.

These are typically described as the bent knee figures. A lot of people have done reviews of these figures before, so I won't go into those details, but I will make a complaint. Over 90% of the reviews that I see posted on line neglect to mention either the scale of the figure or figure line being reviewed, or give any dimension of the figure or figures. I will grant you that a person does not need a class in journalism, much less a degree, to get on line, start a blog, and write reviews, but it would probably help a lot of them.
    This set consists of 4 Marvel figures and 8 DC figures, 12 in all. Personally I like Green Goblin and Penguin in this line the most.
    Next are the Pocket Superheroes, released about 4 years later by Mego.

The same 4 Marvel figures were done here, but of the 8 DC figures, Captain Marvel, Joker and Penguin were swapped out for Lex Luthor, General Zod, and Jor El. This was done because of the movie, even though both Jor El and Zod never did anything in it, and none were in their movie costumes. This was probably a good thing as the comic costumes made the figure more in keeping with the other figures. My biggest complaint here is Hulk. For the biggest, most muscular one of the lot, it doesn't help that he is the shortest, shorter than the 3 new figures, and even almost as short as his bent knee version. And why not do the other 3 from the first line? All of the parts are there for Shazam. Captain America's legs, his own head and body, and Robin's arms. Here is why I like the first versions of Penguin and Goblin, the bent knee makes them look more sinister, and even makes Goblin look like he is riding his glider.
    While I don't quite have a complete set, I am missing CA Batman, I can say that I did not get these when they first can out, I bought all of them secondary market, and none of them came from Ebay. My Penguin has seen better days and could be upgraded, and CA Captain America has some damage in his crotch area, otherwise, I am very happy with the condition of my set.

CCC.
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The Comic Action Heroes remain my favourite Mego toys.
    As a kid I had the full set and the FOS.
    Been trying to reacquire them all loose recently. Once I get hold of them loose, I might progress to carded.

I always preferred the Comic Action Heroes over the Pocket Super Heroes.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• AcroRay
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by LordMudd
      My biggest complaint here is Hulk. For the biggest, most muscular one of the lot, it doesn't help that he is the shortest, shorter than the 3 new figures, and even almost as short as his bent knee version.
      That would be in keeping with the 8" WGSH Hulk's distorted scale. Seems Mego inadvertently created their own inaccurate scale standard for him, eh?

I hope you can find some of the vehicles to go with them. Although they play well with any 1/18 scale figure line.
      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

I am not really looking for the vehicles for this yet, I have some higher priorities, like playsets.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Here are the Mego Superfriends in front of the partially complete HoJ from the Young Justice line.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Here are most of my Buck Rogers figures. I just finished replacing the "o" ring on some of them.

CCC.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

Cool collections LordMudd. I've been told that figures from this time period were sculpted in near or close to production scale. Unlike today where they sculpt several times larger and reduce it through computer cotrolled machinery. Many friends of mine dislike the early figures in this scale because the detail (Facial & other) isnt as crisp as they like. I think these little guys speak well of the skill of the people who sculpted them.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

They are not Mego, but it is that time of year and I wanted to show off. Here are my Remco Universal Mini Monsters, with newest addition, JitB Bride figure. Happy Halloween.

CCC.

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

I just recently got a Jack in the Box Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein (I really like them). You have a great bunch of figures, LM!

Dana
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Red Hulk
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 19, 2012

Very cool collections.

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Great collections. I myself only had HULK. Also I wonder why they didn't make Iron Man figures. Little metal men made of die-cast metal seems a no-brainer. Another Mego mystery of oversight.

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

This is the first custom playset I ever did, and is probably about 20 years old.

This is how I spent most of my afternoon on the computer.

CCC.

Comment

• RobTMego
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 15, 2013

sweet collection, fun custom playset

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

Terrific collection, LordMudd!!!

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Yup, feeling just a bit Draconian. I have recieved 9/10 of the figures I just bought. Six of those needed new O rings but 3 of those, at bottom, have rusty screws, so I am waiting until I am set up to clean them to replace those.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎