Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

lol, about the metal heads. honestly i WAS one of those that would walk around with the dokken shirt but i would probably be trying to score some for someone eles. i liked the second hand smoke

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

The is one an hour and half from me and go once or twice a month. They are dissappearing due to two things. 1)The misconception kids won't go due to home games. Not true because the ones I have seen that survived kids were enjoying in there and enjoying the games. 2) The trend in "upscaling" malls. One I saw forced to close after 30 years in business since it was decided my mall ownership that *gasp* too many teenagers were hanging out there. That space is STILL empty four years later. The second more recent instance a mall arcade was located across from an AMC movie theater which was originally a Cineplex Odeon. The Theater hadn't changed much and the arcade was fun making it a nice little retro spot in itself. This year AMC decides the theater will be converted to it's upscale "Dine-In" model and as a result the arcade must close as again they didn't want teenagers hanging out outside their new brand-new haughty taughty dine theater!

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

i guess somebody forgot to tell them that teenagers have disposible income to

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>misconception kids won't go due to home games.

I think the invention of the DDR machine back in the early 00/late 90's really helped arcades. They're just not the same on a home system.

Don C.

Comment

• doctor09210
            Banned
            • Aug 22, 2011

now
            all arcades are turning into toy cranes or prize redemption games that cost much less and more kids put more $ into them because they think they "almost got it" when really the metal can't hold that much more the 1.5 pounds and when it goes up it hits the top causing it to loosen the toy and on the way up some claws open a bit for .1 seconds to drop your toy

Comment

• doctor09210
              Banned
              • Aug 22, 2011

redemption games suck

Comment

• MicromanZone
                Banned
                • Apr 26, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                i guess somebody forgot to tell them that teenagers have disposible income to
                Oh, people know teenagers have disposable incomes! Just look at the cost of ringtones, games and text messaging. That is the “new frontier” in skimming micro-payments from kids.

Had spare change in the 1970s? Get a comic, some candy and maybe play game?

Now? Just impulse buy 99 cent ringtones and games for your cellphone and then pay later.

It’s the same dilemma being felt by movie theaters. The cost of going out is too much compared to streaming on a device.

Comment

• doctor09210
                  Banned
                  • Aug 22, 2011

15 years from now
                  DVDs and Blu Ray will be gone
                  everything will be touch screen and streamed

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

you know, the irony is i just started collecting records again...

Comment

• doctor09210
                      Banned
                      • Aug 22, 2011

imagine people
                      colleting itunes albums
                      stores on bleaker street with 5 or six i pads where people who don't have i tunes can purchase their music

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>the irony is i just started collecting records again

'Course, there are tons of hardcore audiophiles who still buy stuff.... NEW stuff even.... on vinyl 'cos they hate listening to anything else. So it's not that weird.

Don C.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

i found a place at the local flea market that sells records (very good ones i might add) for $1. Im going to collect some of my favorite 70s and 80s stuff and then buy a recorder and put them on cd...

Comment

• doctor09210
                            Banned
                            • Aug 22, 2011

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍