Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Awesome sculpt! I think Cast-A-Way should seriously consider going with this version. It would be interesting to see a painted version of this with their original color scheme.

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      ^I'd love to see your box idea!!!
      I would take the Phantom drawing for Shadowland #1 and have Mego73 convert it into the Mad Monsters style. I luvz me some Mad Monster boxes.

Shadowland Magazine
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^I think that would be great!!--I want a MM-style Phantom as well, & Mike's just the guy to do it.

Thanks for the link.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

^I think that would be great!!--I want a MM-style Phantom as well, & Mike's just the guy to do it.

Thanks for the link.
          With the retro release of Dracula and the Mummy I would think the Phantom will be coming. Granted I'm guessing. I thought with the release of a new Planet of the Apes movie we would be swimming in retro ape figures. My crediblity at guessing future Retro figures is shot.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA
            Awesome sculpt! I think Cast-A-Way should seriously consider going with this version. It would be interesting to see a painted version of this with their original color scheme.
            Agreed, I would be all over this figure
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I would advocate a color-scheme closer to the original novel, but I agree, it'd be a cool figure.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Awesome work Timb!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Of course, the film had a checkerd production history, with Chaney "stepping in" to "help" direct. He was a hands-on artist, so his designing the mask is plausible.
                  Chaney designed and created the mask. He would even paint the mask differently depending on the emotion he wanted to convey in a scene.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• timb
                    Will Draw for Toys
                    • May 1, 2009

Does anyone know if the Lincoln Hunchback figure was based off a trademarked likeness?

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

The Aurora model was based on the 1923 Hunchback with Lon Chaney.
                      I assume that the Lincoln and AHI monsters were using Aurora as
                      a model (no pun intended).

Do you think the Lincoln Hunchback looks like Charles Laughton?
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• timb
                        Will Draw for Toys
                        • May 1, 2009

Do you think there would be any trademark issues making a sculpt based on the Lincoln Hunchback headsculpt, but upgraded more detailed?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎