Blog Entries

AHI KISS Microphone

Images
    nice
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Images
    Wow! I wonder how much it's gonna sell for.
    Sammy

4. It's not real, unfortunately. This one is the "best looking fake" i've seen yet though. I've been hunting for a real one for a while now - anyone out there who may have a real one, please get in touch with me as you'll be eatin' filet mignon for years after the deal is done!

Steve

Images
    I owned a real one of these and this one is not a real one but it's a fantastic repro

Hey he’s another one of these “Wow! Everyone is asking me questions!” guys:
    Q: Hi can you tell me what other venue this is being offered at? thanks cj
    A: It is on craigslist and also in the local paper, along with ads in california, NYC, and Texas..I have been contacted about the possibility of going to an auction house for auction.
    Seriously, how can one tell it’s a fake?

7. There are a handful of real ones in collections. Comparing the pictures of the one on eBay to the ones that are authentic show various differences including graphics, shape of the plastic parts, and copyright information. Aside from this, the seller is the same person who is selling repro AHI Kiss RC Vans and other vehicles on eBay. He's using a different name.

Twiki1979: Can you give me some history about the one you had? Where did you find it? When? What happened to it? How did you know it was authentic? Any info appreciated as this is my holy grail toy and info related to it is always interesting to me.

Thanks,

Steve

8. kiss ahi microphone

sorry to disapoint everyone, but this is not one of my custom kiss items..

Okay, lets assume for a minute the seller who had the KISS microphone on Ebay is not the same guy who sells the custom vans and repro boxes. Okay, but I think most of the KISS collectors know it is the same guy, but we will play the game. Still, the fact is the one that was just on Ebay was a fake/custom/bootleg, whatever you want to call it. The guy who is making these is using the few pictures out there of the real one and trying to make an authentic one. I am one of the few KISS collectors that has a real one. I counted many, many things wrong or missing on the one on Ebay compared to mine. There are many ways to tell that it was a fake. Unless this guy has the real one in his hands, he will not be able to completely make it match. That is why the bids on the microphone on Ebay started dropping instead of rising, people were retracting their bids as they found out it was a fake. Steve, be careful, try not to let any pictures of the real one out to anybody, and try not to let out specific information about the real one. We do not want this guy who is making these to complete the task and try to pass it on as authentic.

D.C.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Okay, lets assume for a minute the seller who had the KISS microphone on Ebay is not the same guy who sells the custom vans and repro boxes. Okay, but I think most of the KISS collectors know it is the same guy, but we will play the game. Still, the fact is the one that was just on Ebay was a fake/custom/bootleg, whatever you want to call it. The guy who is making these is using the few pictures out there of the real one and trying to make an authentic one. I am one of the few KISS collectors that has a real one. I counted many, many things wrong or missing on the one on Ebay compared to mine. There are many ways to tell that it was a fake. Unless this guy has the real one in his hands, he will not be able to completely make it match. That is why the bids on the microphone on Ebay started dropping instead of rising, people were retracting their bids as they found out it was a fake. Steve, be careful, try not to let any pictures of the real one out to anybody, and try not to let out specific information about the real one. We do not want this guy who is making these to complete the task and try to pass it on as authentic.

D.C.
    yikes! sucks that things have gotten so bad where collectors can't even show off pics...but I agree..Don't feed the faker what he wants
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook