Thread: Mad Monsters Auction Results

Blog Entries

Frankenstein Mad Monsters Auction Results

Original Vintage Mego Mad Monster Figures 1974

Item condition: Used

Ended: Sep 12, 20111856 PDT

Bid history: 1 bid

Sold For: US $100.00

Description: These are NOT reproductions, but 100% original MEGO MAD MONSTER figures from 1974. No, I don’t want to let them go, but I’ll try to explain in as much detail as possible the condition of each one. Very rare to find all four up for sale, so please ask any questions prior to bidding.

Frankenstein: nice, solid body, clothes intact, no eye melt. Shoes included

Dreadful Dracula: solid, clothes intact except for the elastic connection to his cape. It looks like it unraveled at some point and I never wanted to try and fix it myself for fear I would screw it up. Shoes included.

The Human Wolfman: all clothes are present, fur around his cuffs are in great shape. His body must have some damage though because his mid section is loose. Feels like it’s connected only by bands. Some eye melt. Boots included.

The Horrible Mummy: some eye melt, small red marker stain around the crotch, but body is tight and in shape.

Please note that only the Mummy and the Wolfman have eye melt, which was typical of these Mego figures over the years. Overall, these display nicely and will be a great addition to your collection. If you’ve been waiting to increase your MEGO collection with the monster figures, this is a rare opportunity to get them all at once!

All items sold as is. No refunds or exchanges. See photos for actual items. Shipping and handling are free WITHIN U.S. (48 states) which includes insurance/tracking.

Original Vintage Mego Mad Monster Figures 1974 | eBay

Blog Entries

Mego Mad Monster Series Frankenstein AFA 90 Rare WGSH

Item condition: New

Sold For: US $480.00 (THIS AUCTION WAS AN ACCEPTED BEST OFFER WHICH WE ARE NOT PRIVVY TO, IT CAN BE ASSUMED IT MAY HAVE SOLD FOR UP TO 25% LESS THAN ASKING PRICE)

This item has been authenticated, graded and cased by AFA.

Details:

AFA 90 NM+/MT 1973 Mego Mad Monster Series Solid Box Frankenstein Monster / AFA #18305843.

Mego Mad Monster Series Frankenstein AFA 90 Rare WGSH | eBay

Blog Entries

MEGO MUMMY MAD MONSTERS BOXED RARE MINT

Item condition: New

Ended: Sep 09, 201113:34:57 PDT

Bid history: 1 bid

Winning bid: US $138.69

MEGO MUMMY MAD MONSTERS BOXED RARE MINT NEVER REMOVED FROM BAG. ONLY REMOVED FROM BOX TO SHOW FOR PHOTO.

MEGO MUMMY MAD MONSTERS BOXED RARE MINT | eBay

Images

Mego Dracula Vampire 8" figure Rare Red Hair Variant
    Ended: Jun 12, 201117:52:28 PDT
    Bid history:
    29 bids
    Winning bid: US $1,201.88

Mego Dracula Vampire 8" figure Rare Red Hair Variant | eBay

Blog Entries
    Mego Origional Sculpted Hair Dreadful Dracula Mad Monsters Great Shape

Ended: Sep 25, 201120:54:27 PDT

Bid history: 9 bids

Winning bid: US $59.88

This is a mega figurine in super shape. knees even bend. He has the following written on his back:mrga corp reg us pat off. patend pending made in hong kong. mcmlxxi. Really amazing condition as you can see from picture Great for collector. Stands about 8" tall.

Mego Origional Sculpted Hair Dreadful Dracula Mad Monsters Great Shape | eBay

Blog Entries

Mego Mad Monster Mummy MIB with acrylic case!! | eBay

Mego Mad Monster Mummy MIB with acrylic case!!
    Ended: Feb 26, 201223:35:10 PST
    Bid history:
    1 bid
    Sold For: US $120.00
    You are bidding on a Mego Mad Mosters Mummy figure MIB with acrylic case. Box is C7 or better, figure is mint in original bag. I have had this figure for over 8 years, and have never had the space to display it. With family obligations changing, it is time for them to go live with someone who can and will appreciate them more than I have been able to. See picture for details, sold as is

Blog Entries
    RARE 1974 MEGO Mego Mad Monster Castle Complete with Box | eBay

RARE 1974 MEGO Mego Mad Monster Castle Complete with Box
    Item condition: --
    Ended: Mar 17, 201218:29:41 PDT
    Winning bid: US $898.88

This is a RARE 1974 MEGO Mego Mad Monster Castle Complete with Box. YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THE CONDITION OF THE PLAYSET. It is complete with the 4 parapets and table. This was one of those toys opened Christmas morning that was played with that day and never again. Box has some stains but is in great formed shape. There are two bb holes that were shot through the box and into the castle I took pics of them so you can see the minor damage. Also one castle point is creased. Other than that I am telling you this is unused. Vinyl is not split anywhere that I noticed. NICE NICE NICE! No reserve.

Blog Entries
    Vintage Mego The Monster Frankenstein 8" Figure and Box
    Ended: Apr 15, 201212:31:50 PDT
    Winning bid: US $504.98

mego monsters | eBay

Hi! Up for auction is vintage Mego The Monster Frankenstein 8" figure with box. This figure has gray long sleeve shirt with gold sash, black jacket with label inside Mego made in Hong Kong, black pants, black boots, his eyes and hands glow in the dark, his hair in the back have some minor rubs. The box is in good condition, the window opening has the cellophane with crinkles, the side of the box has Mego Corp 1973, Manufactured Exclusively for Mego Corp. New York, N.Y. 10010 In the British Colony of Hong Kong. This figure will make a wonderful addition to your collection.

Blog Entries

Complete Set Mego Mad Monsters with Boxes!! | eBay

Complete Set Mego Mad Monsters with Boxes!!
    Ended: Feb 26, 201218:21:54 PST
    Sold For: US $400.00
    [ 1 bid ]

You are bidding on a complete set of Mego Mad Monsters with boxes. All boxes are C5 condition or better. All are Type I figures. Frankenstein and Mummy have the original baggies included. Wolfman, Mummy and Dracula are in mint condition, C9 or better. Frankenstein has the worst box (C5 at best), a slight left eye melt and the left hand is broken off. I have had this set for over 8 years, and have never had the space to display it. With family obligations changing, it is time for them to go live with someone who can and will appreciate them more than I have been able to. See picture for details, sold as is.

Blog Entries

Mego 8" 1974 Universal Monster Dracula MIB
    Item condition: --
    Ended: Mar 21, 201213:21:08 PDT
    Sold For: US $199.95

n the 1970s, Mego became famous for putting out 8" action figures featuring Super Heroes, Star Trek, Robin Hood, Knights, and other TV characters. Luckily, Mego didn't leave out one of our favorites as kids - Monsters!!!! The Mad Monster series came out both boxed and carded (much harder to find). The series included many of the great Universal Monsters - Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and the Mummy.

Mego 8" 1974 Universal Monster Dracula MIB | eBay