X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

'ol conan as a custom

i saw the all original conan selling for a hundred in another tread and was wondering how common is it to find the heads only and then add the parts later on. i was thinking he was one of the rarier megos and was afraid he would cost a good penny to get one almost complete. I know Dr Mego sells all his other parts so i thought he would be easier to piece little by little. what do you think?
  • logan12_3
    • Jul 16, 2008

That is what I have done with a lot of my Megos. That is an option I think if you do not wish to spend, or don't have the money, for a mint Mego. Especially considering the price that they go for. Besides, some of the replacement parts from Doc Mego and other sellers and fine by me cause they are newer and will last longer.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I lucked out a while back and got a near complete one for $40, so deals do come up. Conan seems like one of them semi-rare figures, and most of the ones I've seen for sale have a good deal of their accessories; which ups the price.

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Piecing together Mego figures is virtually a way of life for many of us. But when he's done, the reward is worth it. Plus you don't spend half as much as you typically do for a whole piece. But ctc is right. Sometimes you can score a great price for a near complete version. Their out there if your patient.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

not taking anything away from conan for sale at 100 im totally believe hes worth it. i just couldnt afford him. ive been putting together a list for awhile now of what i want to buy and i havent even bought my first "real" mego yet ,lol

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>not taking anything away from conan for sale at 100 im totally believe hes worth it

For the shape he was in, and what he came with I'd say that yeah; $100 was a good price. My $40 one didn't have weapons or one armband.

Don C.

Comment

• doctor09210
              Banned
              • Aug 22, 2011

even with that missing
              doc mego gives out that stuff for 3 or 4 bucks each, making a total of 12 dollars extra after the 40

what a deal

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

But there's nothing like the real thing, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎