Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we ought to try a Texas Mini-Meet!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    I was thinking the Austin Motel might be a good choice.

Austin Motel Rooms and Rates

pretty much the ultimate in retro vibe temporary living quarters.
    rooms go from 80ish to 120ish if you are not being fancy. If we had enough interest and time/leeway, we could probably even get a bit of a group discount. I used to work with a music club that would house bands there all the time and they gave us a bit off of the regular rate, so I would not think a group rate would be out of the question.

Not sure if there is a central meeting room area there tho. I don't think so. There are some bigger suites and perhaps we could just meet up in there.

The AMo is in a popular area of Austin referred to as SoCo (south congress). Lots of eateries and shops/culture. Probably less than 10 blocks south and west of the convention center downtown.
    That looks like a cool place, with a nice view of downtown. I've never been to a mego meet, but it would be cool to swap some toys, have some food and drinks, catch a band, and watch the bats fly out. Maybe even hit the show for a day or two.

Sounds like what ever happens, we are going to need a place to hold some sort of swap meet .

rche..... as to your earlier question about dream budget for a room, i would think if we could keep it in the $80-$100 range that would be reasonable. Of course cheaper would be nice, but i doubt we'll find anything cheaper than that in downtown Austin.
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

We haven't lost steam on this have we?

rche, have you found out anything about the Austin Motel yet?
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

sorry folks,

I got a bit distracted by the little fire that was burning by my house over the weekend. I'll be looking into some AM rates this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    sorry folks,

I got a bit distracted by the little fire that was burning by my house over the weekend. I'll be looking into some AM rates this week.
    Fire What? hope everything is okay!

^^^^
    didn't you hear, the whole state of Texas is on fire!!!
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

^
    Yes, burned up most of Bastrop State Park, and a good chunk of the city of Bastrop itself. Fortunately for us, the wind was blowing away from our area.

Austin Motel is all sold out for that weekend... best bet would be either the Embassy Suites (you can actually see the bats flying out, from your hotel room window) on S Congress Ave or the Courtyard Convention Center location on E 4th st.

Embassy sounds good what r the rates? in that regard see if they have a bigger suite that we might could use for the swap meet. I'd cover the cost of that and you guys could chip in or buy me cold one or two. I do not think we will need a whole separate room.

So who's a definite on this?
    I'm in for that weekend of Nov 13
    Last edited by megojim; Sep 12, '11 at 5:01 PM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

I'm coming...and the Embassy will be great.