Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we ought to try a Texas Mini-Meet!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Mighty Quinn . . . What happened? Missed a
    Last edited by megojim; Nov 13, '11, 12:12 AM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

Here in Austin . . . Long day but had a great time at dinner with RCHE (and his family), Fire Marshall Bill and my driving buddy, Megospidey. Looking forward to the comic con tomorrow a well as our get together later!
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• gman
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 4, 2002

See you guys there!!!
        Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Had a nice dinner with rche and his family, megojim, and Megospidey. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Looking forward to the Con tomorrow!
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Megospidey
            Museum Webslinger
            • Jul 26, 2006

Time to get up, eat come breakfast, and head to the Comic Con with megojim, Fire Marhsall Bill and his family and some others - I think gman and AusTex will be there.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Megospidey
              Time to get up, eat come breakfast, and head to the Comic Con with megojim, Fire Marhsall Bill and his family and some others - I think gman and AusTex will be there.
              Have lots of fun!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

Have Fun!!!

Glad this worked out for y'all

...and let me be the 1st to say...

PICTURES
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• gman
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 4, 2002

Wow-- just got home... Had a great time finally getting to meet guys I've seen at the museum for forever. I really hope this becomes an annual thing. Thanks Jim for putting the swap bags together... had a lot of fun. You guys be safe going home.
                  Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• megojim
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 13, 2001

Long day but a Great day! Hardly any vintage toys at the con. Austex picked up a Robin that we missed. Very crowded with lots of has beens signing autographs. STEAMPUNK is the new black. I grabbed a couple marvel legends and some cool Captain America artwork. Derek & I grabbed some tasty Texas BBQ for lunch and then we hooked up with bill (fire marshall bill) and Scott (gman). We also bumped into Greg (austex) and his family. We then headed back to the Omni and boy Did the trading' commence! Nothing huge but I think we were all happy with what we acquired. Oh and Bil's son in law Jim joined us and he scored some decent stuff as well. Mostly parts and common stuff but it was fun! Derek brought his case of spideys; circle, broken circle, diamond and Peter Parker, very cool to see as a set. He Also brought his Indiana Jones made by Capt Mego. VERY IMPRESSIVE! We finished the day the way it began, by grabbing a bite to eat with bill's family. We found a local Mexican food joint that was awesome! All in all a great time! A pleasure to meet everyone. Bill & I live only 10 minutes way from each other, go to the same church and we had to come to Austin to finally hook up. Aahhh the greatness of Mego! Pics tomorrow . .
                    Last edited by megojim; Nov 13, '11, 12:10 AM.
                    My Custom Figures

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I MISSED SEEING THE BROKEN CIRCLE SPIDEY!!!!!

nuts

just nuts.

I had a great time visiting with y'all in person on fri. Glad to know you had some fun at the con. Funny that Austex bought a Robin at the show. I had 5 or six of them in my car on friday night.

Comment

• BanditJT
                        • Sep 13, 2010

Had a great time with these guys. The con was a bust but at the mini meet got a sheild for Cap. America. And I got a spidy. Wish I would have gottin the tshirt iron on but it's all good. Good food, good fun and a toy show. Always a good day! Thanks alot guys.

Comment

• AusTex
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 5, 2003

Nice to meet Jim and Derek at the show. Sorry I missed the get together at the hotel. A friend of mine entered the evening costume contest so we had to cheer him on. Took forever though. Some good costumes but lots of bad ones too.

Comment

• megojim
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 13, 2001

Jim, check your PM's , I have a t- shirt transfer for ya
                            My Custom Figures

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

Just got in from Texas -- total trip: 8 and a half hours I'm a bit punch drunk right now.

The Austin Comic Con was cool with lots to see. No vintage stuff, but lots of cool stuff nonetheless. The "artist alley" was probably the highlight of the Con itself. Getting to see so many great comic artists in one place was neat.

The highlight of the weekend was getting to finally meet guys I've interacted with for 6 years. Megojim and I met several years ago at Megomeet, but it was a first for me to meet Scott, Greg, Bill, Jim, and Archie - ALL SUPER GUYS.

Food was great (Austin has some great eats) but the mego camaraderie was even better.

Megojim: ALWAYS enjoy your company and conversations my brother. See you this summer
                              Scott: Thanks for the advice for my son on civil engineering. So good to meet you and swap with you - thanks for the pirate!
                              Bill and Jim: Two cool guys with great families. Tell your wives thanks for letting you drag them to Austin to get your geek on.
                              Greg: Even though we didn't get to visit for too long, it was great meeting you. My son is a long distance runner and deals with the injuries that come with it. He can relate to the achilles injury. And I'm impressed you were able to find a Mego Robin amongst all the new stuff.
                              Archie: Wish you could have been there Saturday. Hope your gig went well and you are now rested. And sorry you didn't get to see the Spidey guys. I will be posting pics of them soon...

Comment

• megojim
                                Permanent Member
                                • Oct 13, 2001

The pleasure's all on this side of the table, . . . .
                                My Custom Figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎