X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Men of Action for 1975

G.I. Joe meets the Six Million Dollar Man, that's a cross over that happened more than once in my house. This page comes from Simpsons, a long gone Canadian retailer.
    Speaking of cross overs, you can see the other side to this beautiful double page spread (which features Big Jim and Mego) at the Megomuseum. It's not quite a cool a crossover as "JLA/JSA" more of a "Diff'rent Strokes" meets "Hello Larry" kind of thing.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I remember when my cousin Dane and I played SMDM & BW we often used his brother's GIJoes for bad guys since they were the only other figures they had of comparable size.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

I remember getting the G.I. Joe Talking Commander and the Six Million Dollar Man for Christmas one year. Joe stopped talking about a year later and lost his legs due to a freak accident a few years later. Steve Austin's skin on his arm started falling apart a year later but I always enjoyed looking through his eye.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

If you still have the talking commander, I think there is a way to pull him apart and fix the talking feature....I just don't remember how off the top of my head.

I have vintage figures of all of the Joe on the page. I still haven't been able to obtain the elusive African American talking commander yet which would be the Holy Grail piece for me.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
          Career Member
          • May 14, 2007

I might still have him packed up somewhere and I remember that his string broke too.
          Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Ranger 3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 25, 2007

My primary focus during the early 70s was the 6-Mill-Man stuff. The reason I never really got into the GI Joes at the time was because he was so much shorter than Steve and company. I think the only Joe I actually owned at the time was Bulletman. For some reason I was really picky about that stuff as a kid- I couldn't play with my Star Wars and Buck Rogers figures together because they weren't in the same 'universe'.

Funny how that picture makes Steve look like he's just in for foreground, and not signifigantly taller.

Mark

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 18, 2007

The Steve Austin figure was only an inch taller than Joe. I remember you could dress him in some of Joe's outfits but it stretched them pretty tight and you had to cut a hole in the back for the button. Steve also had a much beefier physique so that may have made him seem bigger.

I find it interesting how many Christmas catalogs from around this time show The Defenders Iron Knight Tank as part of the G.I. Joe line. Granted it was a Hasbro product but I didn't realize that Joe and The Defenders were in production at the same time. I always remembered The Defenders showing up on shelves after Joe was gone (or on clearance) and wishing he was still there. I still had my Joe figures but I wanted new ones and accessories specifically for him.
              - Sweep

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I remember the Defender tank being brought to my kindergarton class by one kid who was instantly my new best friend! That was 1975 and Bulletman had just come out.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎