Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type3Toys Presents The Amazing Spider-Man!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

I don't know guys - to everyone who thinks the body is too muscular...here is a copy of ASM #40, and spidey looks pretty chiseled to me. There's a lot of muscle definition there if you look closely. I'm not trying to change your mind, I just think you need to look at it again.

As kids, we didn't notice that as much as the action in the story. If you go back and look at Romita's Spider-man art, he is buff. Ditko not so much - Romita, yes.

Last edited by Megospidey; Dec 6, '07, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I think the Muscle Definition is fine, however when you do compare the Body next to another figure built on the Type3body Thats the trouble. I mean Spidey was never as big as Captain America, nore DeathLok. It would be interesting to see the figure next to one of those. But, most Companies, who make cloth dolls, or Super hero's, DO not have multiple bodies for thier Action figures, so why should Johnny. Agreed, still looks Amazing Johnny.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        I think the Muscle Definition is fine, however when you do compare the Body next to another figure built on the Type3body Thats the trouble. I mean Spidey was never as big as Captain America, nore DeathLok. It would be interesting to see the figure next to one of those. But, most Companies, who make cloth dolls, or Super hero's, DO not have multiple bodies for thier Action figures, so why should Johnny. Agreed, still looks Amazing Johnny.
        Actally they look fine, Capt, Deathlok and Spidey all next to each other. They look just the way Marvel drew them in the 70's, which is where I draw my inspiration for my work from. Dont forget, Im an old timer! Although many of the character bio's have some of these guys wiegh from 180 to 280, they were drawn with almost identical phyiques. So in short, I dont go by the bio, I go by the artwork. Sure, Peter Parker was a skinny kid in street clothes, but when the Spidey suit went on he was built and you could see every muscle, at least when John Romita drew him.
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah I gotta agree with Derek and John...Romita's Spidey was buff whereas Ditko's was more that sleek, slender build.

Same goes for ol' Peter Parker...when Romita came along he was no longer wearing the glasses and was zipping around on a motorcycle and dating chicks like Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson...no more was he "Bookworm" Parker!
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

I meant no slight at all by my comment on his physique being a tad bit buff.
            For me its mainly in the outer quads.Just looks a tad to bulgy,The rest of the body and arms are just plain excellent.Again that suit is Amazing and the head sculpt I have never seen anything like it.
            You are a master craftsman and my opinion is my own.I to grew up on 70's comics and the guys were all buff,so yes you have a great point it is all in the concept of the inspiration.
            Further more if I had type 3 bodies in my supply ofcourse I would use them on every figure I made.They are awesome.
            I would love to see your take on an Iron fist custom.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Daremo
              METALHEAD
              • Mar 24, 2005

This is beyond stunning. I need one of these.

Comment

• nightowlghoul
                • Jul 21, 2007

great job !
                Justin

Comment

• Customslab

nice work bud

Comment

• QDOGG
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 13, 2007

Really AWESOME JOB!!! Every aspect is great, the body, the head, the suit, the paints, even the pictures, cool indeed! I usually like my Spider-Man to be the skinny, geeky Ditko variety, but the Romita version really rocks! WELL DONE!!!!!

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

Totally amazing work john . . . .
                      thanks for sharing with us
                      -jim
                      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

Holy Snikes...That is freakin' Amazing!!!

My son caught a glimpse over my sholder and wanted to know if Toys-r-Us will have this by X-Mas.

...if only...

Great work as always and I don't think it's too muscular for the look you were trying to achieve...I think it's spot on.

Kudos.

Sincerely,

~Tom
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• K
                          Fun Will Now Commence
                          • Jun 20, 2001

The poseablility, among other things, is just astounding. *applause!*
                          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• batmanmc
                            mego batman collector
                            • Jun 22, 2004

great job on spiderman . real nice wrk. keep up the great work. mike

Comment

• argent007
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 7, 2005

WOW!

I've been over in Afghanistan for the last three 1/2 months (working on the State Dep't. contract) and I've enjoyed being a lurker since my collection in back in the US. I had to post on this though! A simply AMAZING job. I also appreciate your sharing your other customs on your website. Looks like Spidey already has a few villians to face off against.
                              My Updated Want List:
                              Comic book original art
                              1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                              Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Megospidey
                                Museum Webslinger
                                • Jul 26, 2006

It is so cool to see him at the top of the page - and he'll be there all week!!!

CONGRATS JOHN!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎