X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Packaging yes or no

Do you prefer your toys to be packaged or not....I much prefer packaging that can be opened without ruining it i.e a box rather than carded.
    This means at least I can take it out and have a good play, then put it away again.
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I like mine sealed where no human hands can touch them
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Ranger 3
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 25, 2007

I agree- in fact, I've often thought of trying to engineer some sort of vintage-style packaging for my vintage 3 3/4" figures that could be opened and closed. I really like what has been done with some of the modern 8" Mego replicas clam-shell packaging that can be opened and closed.

Mark

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Like you, I like boxes. What good is a toy if you can't actually touch it. Part of the fun is to hold it in your hands or play with it.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

I like my toys like my women; inexpensive, display quality, and loose. Factory made repro parts are fine, although mint originals are always appreciated.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
            Banned
            • Oct 17, 2007

i like a mixture. 75% of my american SW collection is boxed and only maybe 25 figures carded still due to me playing with them back in the day. Nothing like haing 4-5 AT-A's walking across your bed ..still gives me goosebumps.
            I buy alot of empty boxes when I can to anything toy related to study and enjoy the package art. I typically flatten them and store them .
            Nothing Since the mid 1980's will ever be worth anything to resale in our old age so I would open anything I get now.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

Must be a box! I had cards. I want to have a good play too!
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                I much prefer packaging that can be opened without ruining it i.e a box rather than carded.
                This means at least I can take it out and have a good play, then put it away again.
                I'm with you 100% on this. I don't collect carded items at all, as I like to be able to remove the toy for display and to pick up and admire from time to time. Nothing beats the tactile experience of actually holding a figure in your hands. So with items that only came carded, I collect loose (but as complete and close to mint as possible) and for items that came boxed, I try to get them with the original box included.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I think my favourite packaging outside of Mego is G.I Joe and Big Jim, most of the stuff I have is boxed but I have removed it and put it on display. I prefer the kind of packging you can just pull the figure out like that. The packaging on some of this stuff is gorgeous so it makes a great back drop.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I always remove my stuff from their boxes too. For example, most of the 12" Megos I've purchased have been NRFB, but when we are talking about a piece of 30 year old, nearly dried up scotch tape that's close to having no adhesive qualities left, and a couple of twist ties, what's the point of not opening it? You can see the toy much better, and the box looks great displayed in behind.

Comment

• RG
                      Removed.
                      • Oct 1, 2004

I like them loose with maybe one of my favorites from the line MOC just to have a sample of the package they came in.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

Depends on the toy I guess....I prefer collecting vintage SW figures MOC as opposed to loose, whereas I tend to buy more loose Megos as opposed to carded or boxed (though I have a fair share of those too), not just because of cost but because I enjoy being able to hold and pose the Mego figures! Though with the decent quality repro cards out there now, I can have a bit of both worlds if desired. Other lines like Micronauts or Eagle Force, I tend to prefer buying carded or boxed, because I love the artwork and it's hard to find certain pieces in loose, 100% complete condition. Basically, if I can get a nice packaged toy for a deal that can't be beat, I'll take it, but more often than not I'll be quite happy with a loose one. Some toys like Fisher Price Little People or Adventure People, I just don't care about the packaging at all really, I want to be able to hold them and play with 'em!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I've got my Megos loose. Saves me from the temptation of opening them up. That way I've got no guilty feelings later.

Comment

• Surfsup
                            Silver Chrome Dome
                            • Dec 2, 2005

Although it's nice to be able to hold the toy, it's the packaging that I love the most, whether it be boxed or carded. It's that feeling of holding a piece of history in your hands that managed to survive all these years unopened.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎