X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Gi Joe Head Question???

Hello all, I just bought a Gi Joe Action Marine off e-bay. He looks great and is in great shape, I got him because he has the late 60s soft head. I have 3 of the soft head joes and need the blonde version, this one has blonde hair and blue eyes. All the blonde Joes I ahve ever had always have brown eyes. Does anyone know anything about a Blonde/Blue Joe??? The only ones with the blue eyes are the reds and the black haired ones. I also need the soft headed Black Joe too if anyone wants to sell theirs. Any thoughts from the Joe collectors would be great. Thanks
    Trappy
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

there's a lot of variations of eye colors, they don't really make a difference is price,..it's just about finding them

do you have the green hair soft head version? it was one that had a chemical reaction with the paint, and the hair eventually turns green
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
      there's a lot of variations of eye colors, they don't really make a difference is price,..it's just about finding them

do you have the green hair soft head version? it was one that had a chemical reaction with the paint, and the hair eventually turns green
      About two years ago when i started collecting GI-JOES i saw one but passed on it because i thought some kid painted it green

So now i know and knowing is half the battle

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        • Aug 10, 2009

I have been collecting 12 inch Joes since I was 5 and I haven't seen a green soft head. What color was it supposed to be? Is there a website with Joe info like this?

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 20, 2008

The head you got might be a repaint. It seems the eye colors were pretty set in stone, with blonds having brown eyes.

Sean

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
            I have been collecting 12 inch Joes since I was 5 and I haven't seen a green soft head. What color was it supposed to be? Is there a website with Joe info like this?
            they're pretty rare, I think it was the redhead who turned green...I sold one on ebay a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure a member here Joezeta who sells great Joe stuff on ebay had one not so long ago, they aren't to expensive but pretty rare $70-$100 loose
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bionic Joe
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
              The head you got might be a repaint. It seems the eye colors were pretty set in stone, with blonds having brown eyes.

Sean
              Hard to tell without seeing a photo of the blond head but it could be a SOTW head as i think that blond head had blue eyes

Comment

• lucasd4
                • Jun 1, 2007

It could be an Action Man head. I know they made blonde fuzz heads with blue eyes. They could've made a blonde painted head with blue eyes as well.

Hello all, I just bought a Gi Joe Action Marine off e-bay. He looks great and is in great shape, I got him because he has the late 60s soft head. I have 3 of the soft head joes and need the blonde version, this one has blonde hair and blue eyes. All the blonde Joes I ahve ever had always have brown eyes. Does anyone know anything about a Blonde/Blue Joe??? The only ones with the blue eyes are the reds and the black haired ones. I also need the soft headed Black Joe too if anyone wants to sell theirs. Any thoughts from the Joe collectors would be great. Thanks
                Trappy

Comment

• lucasd4
                  • Jun 1, 2007

I've got one with hair that has a greenish/gray tint to it. I think he originally had black or red hair since he's got blue eyes. His lips and scar have also changed from their original pink/red color to almost white.

Comment

• Den82
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

Where hair colors really random? I have my Golden Rod outfit on a '64 Redhead, but I haven't seen any examples online of a redhead coming with that outfit. Most I see are blonde.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      • Aug 10, 2009

Originally posted by lucasd4
                      I've got one with hair that has a greenish/gray tint to it. I think he originally had black or red hair since he's got blue eyes. His lips and scar have also changed from their original pink/red color to almost white.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/lucasd4/014.jpg
                      Is this Joe a soft head? Also I have a picture of him in my Flickr link below but its hard to tell eye color from the picture. He might be an Action Man head that someone just threw him together as an Action Marine, he is still very cool and I'm happy with it. Does anyone have any soft head joes for sale?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎