X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scousebadger
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by starsky
    they need to improve their bodies. my kid was so disappointed that his green lantern kept slouching and eventually fall over. not to mention, not able to hold a pose.
    I agree. They may as well be statues for all the posability they have.

Comment

• Byrnes
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by ScottA
      Mattels Hawkman was going to be epic. Attendees at last years Mego Meet will agree with me on this.

*Gulp. Oh no, should I dare ask if there is a prototype photo around? Or would it just be torture like the Zica Hawk.
      Last edited by Byrnes; Jan 23, '13, 6:01 PM.
      WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Byrnes
        *Gulp. Oh no, should I dare ask if there is a prototype photo around? Or would it just be torture like the Zica Hawkman.
        Paul was kind enough to show us the prototype Hawkman head with removable helmet at the meet. There are no photos of it. But at least we know Hawkman was coming.

I still think there is a chance Mattel could go back to these. With all the other new 8" lines out there now they may want to jump back on the bandwagon again. So I take the "never say never" approach.
        Last edited by ScottA; Jan 23, '13, 1:04 PM.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Byrnes
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 19, 2011

Paul was kind enough to show us the prototype Hawkman head with removable helmet at the meet. There are no photos of it. But at least we know Hawkman was coming.

I still think there is a chance Mattel could go back to these. With all the other new 8" lines out there now they may want to jump back on the bandwagon again. So I take the "never say never" approach.
          Were these figs the catalyst to the RE-Mego launch the last few years? I'm pretty much just getting into this stuff. I have always been a 1/18th guy. But I do love these 8" figures they are fun. I never saw any of these guys at TRU execpt Lex Luthor. Had I seen Batman or others maybe I would have bought the line several years ago.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Mattels Hawkman was going to be epic. Attendees at last years Mego Meet will agree with me on this.
            So, what other protos were shown? I thought attendees were sworn to secrecy by blood-oath or some-such.

I would have loved a RA Hawkman, too--I still hope we might see them as online exclusives.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

It would be what I call a miracle if the Retro line should reappear, not that I am giving up hope. Maybe Toyfair will reveal some major suprises. It would be fun to eventually see some pics of planned figures which did not make it into production.

Comment

• Byrnes
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by drogge
                It would be fun to eventually see some pics of planned figures which did not make it into production.
                FUN? It's brutal!!! I would rather the reps tell me they never even thought of it then dangle it in front of my face like a carrot.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  So, what other protos were shown? I thought attendees were sworn to secrecy by blood-oath or some-such.
                  They were. Fight Club style.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

At MegoMeet, that would be Fist-Fighting Club. (Black activator not required.)
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Byrnes
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      They were. Fight Club style.
                      Mego meets are a bunch of guys standing around in a dark room without shirts on?

AND you just talked about it, first rule broken hehe.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by starsky
                        they need to improve their bodies. my kid was so disappointed that his green lantern kept slouching and eventually fall over. not to mention, not able to hold a pose.
                        I'm such a Noob but I think I can follow. I bought the first wave and returned them all because they would not hold a pose. Loose hips. MIB I think told me to stuff cotton in them and I argued that if the company could not make something as good as was on the market 30 years ago, they deserved to fail.

Is that what we are talking about? I was very disappointed because my son liked them except for the looseness and we may have bought 3 sets of each. But only if they were At Least As Good as the 1970's toys.

I just don't understand.

If I'm going to spend that money now I'm either going to customize them myself or have you guys do it for me. I would think now that there has been a production run there may be parts and molds and stuff that will work their way into the custom world.

I also didn't like the Star Trek ones for the same reason but I did load up on many of those and have 2 of each I think (at least) for a different reason. Did the Star Trek guys ever get solid boots? I have the Mirror Kirk and Spock but haven't checked them.
                        —-
                        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                        - Captain Spock
                        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Byrnes
                          Mego meets are a bunch of guys standing around in a dark room without shirts on?

AND you just talked about it, first rule broken hehe.
                          ...or did I lie?
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Orlock
                            Megohead Superdad
                            • Feb 15, 2010

We were totally robbed with no Joker or Robin ever produced.
                            My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                            T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                            My Personal Facebook

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

A Nightwing and Scarecrow could be cool. No worries either way. Mattel could make them or I can piece them together at my leisure. I'm delighted to have the figures they did produce.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Dec 30, 2007

It's obnoxious that Mattel never gave us the final figures, never told us bout them or showed us anything, never gave the license to someone else who could do it since Mattel was unwilling or unable. It's all just a huge failure and a huge waste.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎