Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

I agree 100% that the characters should be kept retro. Most of the people that colllect these kind of figures collect them because of the memories of thier childhood Megos. I have a lot of friends into comics and figure collecting and they just can not understand my interest in those simplistic figures. I always tell them they are missing the point. I really have no interest in modern versions of any character and would not buy them anymore if they changed to suit the modern fads. These particular figures are for those of us that love retro characters and toys. And before someone replies with " it's not the character selection that is considered retro but the type of figure " I still have the same opinion. They should be kept retro.

Comment

• argent007
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 7, 2005

I plan to complete the line with a Kyle Raynor figure, but I'm only getting one. I'd do the same with Lobo.

I'd buy the heck out of Booster Gold though!
      My Updated Want List:
      Comic book original art
      1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
      Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        I feel likethat has more to do with Kyle being an uninteresting character. I would totally be into a Harley Quinn, Booster Gold, or Lobo for example.
        Problem is, the current Harley design is nothing like the classic you would buy.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Problem is, the current Harley design is nothing like the classic you would buy.
          As far as I can tell, the retro Rayner doesn't have his current costume, instead it's more of a first appearance look.

And I still would buy a Harley with the current costume because I like the character.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

have you seen the relaunch Harley?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

The hooker look thing? Yeah, we're on the same page here.

Thing is, I doubt that would be the costume they would choose to make, just like Kyle. I believe they would go with the more iconic first appearance look.

But Kyle is just not a cool character, retro or not. And I feel there are cool characters from the 90's that would be popular sellers despite their non-retro time period.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

not if DC is didctating only current looks(to promote this crapfest of a relaunch), not classics. Which is what they are doing to other lines.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I didn't think that's what we were talking about. I thought we were talking about whether Kyle was unpopular because he isn't retro enough or because the character is lame in the first place.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

Both lame and not retro enough.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                        Both lame and not retro enough.
                        Fair enough. I don't fall in line with the "character has to be silver age" or whatever mentality. I would totally be down with Miss Martian, Artimus, or Aqualad from Young Justice for example. That would be cool with me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

To me Miss Martian and Harley fall into a good enough to be silver age creations, as long as they are in classic duds. THe new Aqualad, not so much. I'd rather see the retro line continue as it was with original costumes, not updates. I have read in several places that DC wants to only force the current looks and events onto the toy lines. I'm just happy we got the original 7 JLAers, well pre- reboot anyway. Now its Cyborg taking up Jonn's spot. :P

Comment

• drogge
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

Retro

The mego company was not concieved as a retro enterprise, they were not making golden age super heros. They were current and I think the retro thing kind of limits what can be produced. I admit I like the continuity of the new line which compliments the older megos but I would support a new line of heros produced to match what is being drawn currently.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              To me Miss Martian and Harley fall into a good enough to be silver age creations, as long as they are in classic duds. THe new Aqualad, not so much. I'd rather see the retro line continue as it was with original costumes, not updates. I have read in several places that DC wants to only force the current looks and events onto the toy lines. I'm just happy we got the original 7 JLAers, well pre- reboot anyway. Now its Cyborg taking up Jonn's spot. :P
                              I like Aqualad now, but I admit I struggled with it for a while.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drogge
                                I got a feeling they will return sooner than most of us imagined . I think they will be reborn and tweeked to satisfy the DC rebirth.
                                Now you're talkin'...I'd buy those in a hot minute!! Be nice to have a decent looking mass produced 8" Batman.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎