Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I actually opened a retro Batman today and the torso had been fused to the pelvis which actually makes the figure a pretty nice piece of work. The figure will actually stand up straight on its own. Fused may not be the right term, but whatever is different with the figure works. I'm going to be able to use this body.
    Last edited by madmarva; Feb 1, '13, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

Mattel should continue this line,would love to see more,i really wanted a robin,batgirl,supergirl,riddler,joker,and
      new guys like Hawkman,dr.fate,Harley Quinn.a good run of at least another 18-20 figures would do it,of getting
      the best of dc.

Comment

• Monstar
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 6, 2008

I would be in. Other properties would be great as well.
        http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• sallie138
          • Mar 17, 2013

I'm glad they did it in the first place. D.c is the consolation prize comic house [of no idea's]. The female torso is very useful for customs and the Wonder Woman hands are sent from Set himself if your in to Horror. They are perfect for everyone from the Bride of Frankenstein to Barbera Steele, they can be creepy or the ultimate [victim] don't hurt me hands. No goofy jodpur hips either.

Comment

• roman-i210
            • May 28, 2011

So now I am curious. If the idea of this line or a new idea of it is over then can Paul tell us what we might have seen? Were there plans to add more characters?
            I'm just curious.

I finally got Batman.
            Been going through huge issues of late so not buying a lot but I was able to get Guy for $10 and Bats or twice that. I'm pleased.

Comment

• roman-i210
              • May 28, 2011

I was able to buy both Batman and Two Face over the last year or so and I'm so pleased.
              Paul... Thank you. The line may not have gone on as long and as ar as you, I or, anyone wanted but
              getting these was awesome. I haven't opened either one.
              Personally things have been bad or me. Losing my dad was the worst, even more than a ianc'e and a dog I named Robin... yes or that Robin.
              rom 3000 miles rom where I grew up it was just great to feel that magic again. Dad would have laughed but he'd have liked them.
              My favorite Christmas memory was opening a box o almost every WGSH all in one day.

Thank you....
              Robert

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                They won't be returning to the line, unless they're about to lose the license and want to milk it for a final run.

A big problem was that RA was competing with the DCU Classics line, usually on the next set of pegs. At a higher price tag than DCUC, it didn't make sense as a gift purchase for a young kid.
                ...and it was actually the DCUC line that took me off a decade-plus "Mego/Custom Mego 8 inch scale collector's" mindset JUST as the RA was in full swing.
                A lot of it due to the near perfection of the DCUC's and the near full clusterscrew of the RA manufacturing choices.

Cue the irony.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                  ...and the near full clusterscrew of the RA manufacturing choices.
                  Exactly. Trying to cut costs by reusing the Big Jim model was a major disappointment along with lack of proper quality control.

But a home run was hit with the female body and Wonder Woman.

I still find some of these sitting in some comic shops relegated to the back rooms with a original asking price. No discount.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎