X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

Pulsar life system center

I know, I know, this post is useless without pics but I'm at work and the box is out in the car.

I randomly found a pulsar life system center unused-in-box mixed in with some old board games at a local thrift store.
    I can't find much info on this piece (just did a quick phone google)

Anyone have any info on this one?

Anyone looking for one?

I'll try to get pics up later tonight, I don't get home until 10ish though.

Thanks!

-Justin Z-
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Heres a cool ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgc1WB7s-7o
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I have one. It's OK, but not as much fun as the SMDM or the BW playsets.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• justzeg18
        Career Member
        • May 5, 2003

sorry for the late pics, the weekend kind of got away from me.

box seems to be in pretty great shape, all the accessories and unapplied sticker sheet are still sealed in the factory baggy, tape that held the feet together still attached, and instruction sheet is there as well.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, keep that and scare up a Pulsar on Ebay, that thing is sweet.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

I never had Pulsar, or If I did I cannot remember. I was always curious about this set and the similar one for six million dollar man. Did the toysets take readings from the actual toy? Like lets say you had a pulsar and for whatever reason the pulse motion was starting to not work as good anymore, would this toyset actually read it as such and in a sense tell you "hey Pulsar is about to have a heart attack"

All kidding aside I really always wanted to try and play with these sets back then but I never had them. If any of you still have them now could you shed a little more light on how it registered the readings, etc?
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Drzsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 9, 2011

I had Pulsar,I loved him he was pretty cool with his pulsating organs and what not.I recently found him at a rummage sale,bought him for a dollar!

Comment

• justzeg18
                Career Member
                • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by mazinz
                I never had Pulsar, or If I did I cannot remember. I was always curious about this set and the similar one for six million dollar man. Did the toysets take readings from the actual toy? Like lets say you had a pulsar and for whatever reason the pulse motion was starting to not work as good anymore, would this toyset actually read it as such and in a sense tell you "hey Pulsar is about to have a heart attack"

All kidding aside I really always wanted to try and play with these sets back then but I never had them. If any of you still have them now could you shed a little more light on how it registered the readings, etc?

from the looks of this one, it's all show.

the knobs are all kind of connected so when you press down the red lever they all move to another "setting" it also looks like when the red lever is pressed there is a small metal lever that moves down near pulsars back and activates the organ/blood pumping.

the "scanner" is just a clever light trick that slides along the figure and lights up the corresponding section of a hidden body map behind the white plastic.

seems like it would have been neat as a kid, companies used to be clever.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I had one when I was a kid, and it's kinda neat but not for how expensive it was.

Don C.

Comment

• justzeg18
                    Career Member
                    • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
                    Hmmmm....

I had one when I was a kid, and it's kinda neat but not for how expensive it was.

Don C.
                    i was surprised to see the 14.99 price tag on it, then marked down to 4.45.

then when i look here I see that 14.99 in 1978 is the equivalent of 51.90 in 2011.

craziness.

Comment

• pepi
                      • Jan 9, 2009

If you're looking to sell it send me an PM I had one a long time ago and would love to own it again! Have Pulsar and his buddy Hypnos...would look great on my shelf.

Comment

• acrovader
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by justzeg18
                        i was surprised to see the 14.99 price tag on it, then marked down to 4.45.

then when i look here I see that 14.99 in 1978 is the equivalent of 51.90 in 2011.

craziness.
                        That seems really expensive for something like this.
                        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                          Career Member
                          • May 14, 2007

^^ That's why back then, we only got stuff like this once a year: birthdays or Christmas. Not like today.

I never had one of these as a kid. Still don't today. But I do have about 12 Pulsars. A couple of them are in perfect working order with great suits too. I'm working on a couple custom Pulsars with my extras. Really happy with the way they are turning out.
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎