• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaronSat
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 17, 2007

Lego Death Star Escape the Micro collection way

Hello,

Not a vintage Lego toy, but a custom model build from a vintage SW toys : the Micro Collection Death Star Escape.

Don't know if you're aware of that line from the very early 80's, so here's a link to rebelscum website which shows good pics :
    http://www.rebelscum.com/Kenner-MC-DSEscape.asp

I really love that line and I'm still sad ther were so few models and of course I can't help hoping the Hasbro will resurect it one day???!!!

So my model is a tribute but was very fun to build too.

As some of you will notice, there were two sets about the Death Star and the second one was the Trash Compactor. I built it too but need to make some photos and will show it here soon if you like.

and a last one the TTT way but with Lego instead of Mego

Custom models :
    www.baronsat.net
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Freakin' brilliant!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• BaronSat
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 17, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
      Freakin' brilliant!
      A Micro Collection fan, yeepee

Thanks.
      Custom models :
      www.baronsat.net

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

that is awesome. Recreating a classic there.

As a kid, I remember looking at the micros and thinking 'whut'????
        Then I recall them on a clearance table along with a bunch of mini-rigs and was considering picking them up, but went with the minis instead since they were in scale with the figures I had been playing with for what seemed like my entire life. I really wish I had picked up at least one of those sets as they have grown on me immensely through my collecting years.

Your Lego recreation is awesome and fully embodies the spirit of what the micros were designed to do along with showcasing where that type of 'pose for play' philosophy has gone in the past few years; especially with the Lego brand figurines and playsets.

Kudos on a job well done. Do you have a parts list? If not, you should - along with a photo guide instruction on the build process.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

just went to your site to see if you did have online instructions for sale or rent and there they are!!! Very cool inventions there. Let us know if the instructions for these micros ever come up on the site.

btw: I really dig the Very Expensive Bionic Fellow.

Comment

• BaronSat
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 17, 2007

Originally posted by rche
            that is awesome. Recreating a classic there.
            ...I really wish I had picked up at least one of those sets as they have grown on me immensely through my collecting years.

Your Lego recreation is awesome and fully embodies the spirit of what the micros were designed to do along with showcasing where that type of 'pose for play' philosophy has gone in the past few years; especially with the Lego brand figurines and playsets.

Kudos on a job well done. Do you have a parts list? If not, you should - along with a photo guide instruction on the build process.
            Thanks.
            Yes it's always the same thing with toys you didn't buy, but there are a lot of Micros on ebay all the time so you can complete your collection.

I don't mind if the Lego's playset are not great because I can rebuild them. For others playsets I think they are generally too small and too "action" oriented. But what I like; and I think many people here feel the same; is a playset where I can display my figure and that looks good.

Originally posted by rche
            just went to your site to see if you did have online instructions for sale or rent and there they are!!! Very cool inventions there. Let us know if the instructions for these micros ever come up on the site.

btw: I really dig the Very Expensive Bionic Fellow.
            I have no partlist or instructions for that set as I haven't modelized it with the proper software, but it sounds a good idea.

Pleased you like my Lego version of Steve Austin. It isn't very popular in the Lego community but I'm still happy with my work, especially the boxes. Hard to do but fun.
            Custom models :
            www.baronsat.net

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That's really cool. Way more practical and easy to display than the ginormous official one Lego released too.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BaronSat
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 17, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                That's really cool. Way more practical and easy to display than the ginormous official one Lego released too.
                Thanks but all the credit goes to original creators. I don't know who they were, but these guys were really cool... and I hope they still are
                Custom models :
                www.baronsat.net

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Very nice, I still remember your "forbidden planet" set.

Comment

• BaronSat
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 17, 2007

Originally posted by alex
                    Very nice, I still remember your "forbidden planet" set.
                    Thanks. Another model which is not very popular, maybe because it's "too vintage"? But I like it.
                    Something I can produce instructions for if required And at reasonnable cost

I wish I could have build the house of Morbius too but it's really difficult to find good documentation for this.
                    Custom models :
                    www.baronsat.net

Comment

• chunky B
                      Museum Eclectic Collector
                      • Apr 9, 2009

Sweet Mother of the Jedi! That is the coolest Star Wars Lego custom set I have seen! Great work, can we get Lego making this set please.

Comment

• chunky B
                        • Apr 9, 2009

Holy crap I just noticed the vinyl cape on Leia! Genius!

Comment

• BaronSat
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Sep 17, 2007

Originally posted by chunky B
                          Sweet Mother of the Jedi! That is the coolest Star Wars Lego custom set I have seen! Great work, can we get Lego making this set please.
                          Thanks. We would all love that Lego produce sets based on old or new toys but they may find it's redundant
                          And I won't say anything about the copyright right on orginals toys!
                          Now you just have to build by yourself.
                          But I'm thinking seriously about producing instructions for this model, don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested.

Holy crap I just noticed the vinyl cape on Leia! Genius!
                          Congrats, you're the only one to notice that! Means you're a real geek... just like me and many people here I suppose
                          Custom models :
                          www.baronsat.net

Comment

• chunky B
                            • Apr 9, 2009

Ha ha I may contact you for instructions, I guess I need to raid the closest Lego Store for some supplies

First things first though, I need to cut me a vinyl cape for my Leia and maybe Ben!

Comment

• BaronSat
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Sep 17, 2007

Ha ha I may contact you for instructions, I guess I need to raid the closest Lego Store for some supplies

First things first though, I need to cut me a vinyl cape for my Leia and maybe Ben!
                              To get the Lego parts you need at good price I recommend Bricklink.com
                              It's a great website and I don't say that because I have a shop there
                              http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=BaronSat

Please post pics of your figures when they have their capes.
                              Custom models :
                              www.baronsat.net

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎