Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

I can remember the Christmas that I got my Evil Knievel toys! It was my #1 present that year, I think. I remember insisting that my Uncle Bill be the one to get it for me for Xmas, because he was the one in my family who rode a motorcycle (little kid's logic, what can I say? haha) Many a Mego wound up attempting to ride that cycle in later years, I tell ya.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 18, 2007

The first time I heard of the Evil Knevil toy was when my mom showed up with one of the basic sets for me (Thanks Mom!). She knew I loved SSP's and G.I. Joe and probably figured (rightly) that this toy was a perfect combination. My first Evil eventually bought the farm when I dug a trench out in the back yard, filled it with gasoline, and had him jump the "wall of fire". He succeeded several times but eventually came up short and set his back rubber tire on fire! Black smoke went everywhere and it smelt awful! A neighbor of mine had a sky cycle that we launched into his pool so many times it evenually rusted inside.

When Playing Mantis reissued the basic set, I bought about a half dozen from Wal-Mart and gave them to all my friends for Christmas that year! It was a cheap way to bring back a fond childhood memory so I hope they do a Derry Darring reissue too.

Does anyone remember toward the end of the EK line when they issued him in all sorts of adventure outfits? There was a jungle explorer, polar explorer, emergency rescue and others. They weren't quite as incongruant as the Spiderman line from a few years ago but they were pushing it!
      - Sweep

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎