Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Actually Delusional, there has been a resurgence of Evel Love w/ the new Playing Mantis and Back to Basics toys. I have both, but I have to say I like the playability of the Back To Basics line. They came out w/ the Daredevil set, funny car and Dragster set w/ Stunts DVD, and now the Evel/Robbie Knievel Father/son set. There are also a bunch of videos on YouTube w/ fans and their kids demonstrating how much fun these toys still are. I know when I take them to my after school program, the kids go NUTS! And their parents go on about their fond memories about when EVERYBODY had to have these toys.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Delusional B
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      Actually Delusional, there has been a resurgence of Evel Love w/ the new Playing Mantis and Back to Basics toys. I have both, but I have to say I like the playability of the Back To Basics line. They came out w/ the Daredevil set, funny car and Dragster set w/ Stunts DVD, and now the Evel/Robbie Knievel Father/son set. There are also a bunch of videos on YouTube w/ fans and their kids demonstrating how much fun these toys still are. I know when I take them to my after school program, the kids go NUTS! And their parents go on about their fond memories about when EVERYBODY had to have these toys.

Good point. I guess the Playing Mantis and the Poof/Slinky stuff would never have happened if there wasn't a large group of nostalgic buyers waiting to snap this stuff up. I've been picking up all the reproduction stuff and have enjoyed them for the most part. However, nothing compares to how well the original stunt cycles ran and tend to still run. When you rev them up they sound so smooth compared the newer releases and they seem to run forever. I don't mean to "knock" the new ones too bad, they are fun and I'm glad they've released them. It's a blast to get to open a brand new stunt cycle in 2007 or so.

I guess I was mostly wondering why there hasn't been much talk of the EK toys on these boards in the last couple of months since Evel's death.
      Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎