Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMonk
    Career Member
    • Jan 22, 2007

Hugo is collectible for another reason in the NYC-NJ area, he was a star on the Uncle Floyd show. Uncle Floyd was on various UHF stations broadcasting from north jersey from January 1974 until late 1986. Since then it has been on sporadically in reruns and new episodes on various NJ cable stations. The Uncle Floyd show is somewhere between a variety show and a spoof of a kiddie show. At the end of each show Uncle Floyd plays an old song on the piano. Hugo dances over the closing credits. His various diguises and hair pieces were never used. It was always a plain bald Hugo figure.
    I never had one as a kid, but I did get a Hugo, minus accessories, from Ebay.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 18, 2007

Hugo also made an appearance on the Pee Wee Herman HBO special back in the 80's. Pee Wee uses him to hypnotize a woman from the audience into taking off her clothes.

- Sweep
      - Sweep

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

That's an awesome story Paul. What's creepier than Hugo? Burning, melting Hugo! Totally wicked!

Comment

• DocDrako
          Formerly Doc Drako
          • Nov 11, 2004

He's pretty freaky looking. I never had one, but I'd buy one now just to scare children with. I was a afraid of him when I was a kid. But then I was afraid of dolls who came alive at night and I was convinced that he was one of them.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• smonte00
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 19, 2005

I got one of those as a hand me down from one of my cousins. He was kinda weird, but fun to play with.

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

Does anyone remember "The Pee Wee Herman show"? Not the one for kids, but the more adult themed show that aired on HBO in the mid 80's? Pee Wee had one that he used to make a woman take of her clothes! Ever since then I wanted one badly! Cause he is a creepy little fellow but I loved that part of the show! Plus he had a SUCKERMAN! Besides Creaturella I don't know if anyone has one! I have a green SUCKERMAN that hangs out in my shower, um, literally.
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• grayhank
                That Fisher Price Guy
                • Feb 9, 2007

I remember when Hugo first came out he was the toy to have. It was the first time I can recall a toy being the hot item for Christmas and was sold out everywhere. That was the only thing I wanted for Christmas that year and I pleaded and begged my mom for him.

Christmas morning came and I tore into all my presents under the tree just waiting for Hugo to be in one of the boxes. I opened everything and sadly Hugo was not there. My mom saw how disappointed I was and said to me that I had forgotten one that she had placed next to the couch or something. I opened it up and there he was in all his creepy looking glory. I'm sure my mom was thrilled with how happy I was. I had him for years but somehow he ended up lost over time. Going to that place where most of our childhood toys go when we're not watching them.

I look for him on ebay from time to time but surprisingly I just haven't committed to replacing him.
                Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

The kid who lived right across the alley from me had a Hugo. That thing creeped me out!! But we did used to play with it together and had alot of fun. It's not a mandatory must-have for me but someday it'd be cool to get one. I don't really see or hear about these too much anymore, are they particularly hard to come by on the collector's market in nice, complete condition?

Comment

• Creaturella
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 12, 2006

I never had one, but I do have one now. I adore his creepy self. I have used that sticky, tacky stuff to adhere is accessories to him. I can't think of what it is called, but it can be used to hang posters on walls without using tacks. It looks like putty. It's not perfect, but it works okay. I hope this helps.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Has anyone actually counted the combos to see if they actually add up to 1000?

Comment

• megomonkey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 24, 2002

Take off your braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎