X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by zapglenn
    I've been waiting a looooong time for an Adam West figure to be produced and 8" is the perfect size. Could preordering or some other marketing campaign make it happen?
    Odds are the figure will be produced eventually, only by another company and in very limited numbers.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

And stratospheric prices, no doubt.

Ugh! And I was REALLY looking forward to this figure!

Fooey on this sucky economy!

And that's the kindest 'f' word I can use on this site!
      JediJaida

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

The economy is hitting all businesses hard. It's a tough market even when the economy is good. But I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed this figure will pop up one day. I love the one that was displayed. Absolutely a*s-kicking.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I like how every time something underperforms now its "the economy". Maybe it was lack of distributors or original pricepoint or something else?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Uhm it's alot easier to be a critic when your not doing it yourself. He sold great product at a reasonable price with plenty of advertising. But he's also independent. So he can't pump out lines (like Mattel did) without getting enough return on his start up costs. Craig did a phenomenal job of creating super high quality figures, while managing to keep costs down. He set a new standard in the 8 inch market that will be tough to beat.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Compared with what we got from Mattel, I think Craig's price points were right on the money as far as the quality we got. Unfortunately he picked a license that most people weren't thrilled about. I'm not a Buck Rogers fan but I'm glad I own the two Zica figures just because of how cool and detailed they were regardless of whether I ever watched the show or not...
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• rodkeith
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 16, 2008

I'm the same way. I hadn't watched or cared about the show since it was first on, until ZICA created the figures. The figures were so good, I bought them anyway. This was a good example where outstanding quality increased my interest in a property for which I had little concern, and I would continue to buy more if ever produced.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  I can see Gary 7 there but I still see Adam West as well. definately want to get at least one of these
                  i agree he looks more like gary 7. i think the sculpt is
                  ok but they tried for a young adam face -but with grey hair?

i am passing but look forward to see how talented mego customizer fix and out fit him

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Now to be fair, some guys go grey early in life.

But I agree, a young face with grey hair is a bit incongruous.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      Compared with what we got from Mattel, I think Craig's price points were right on the money as far as the quality we got. Unfortunately he picked a license that most people weren't thrilled about. I'm not a Buck Rogers fan but I'm glad I own the two Zica figures just because of how cool and detailed they were regardless of whether I ever watched the show or not...
                      Not disputing the quality one bit, I just don't think the 8 inch fanbase is big enough to support a high end line, and obviously the Buck Rogers following isn't big enough to support it either (first new merchandise since the Mego line). I didn't buy them because I don't like the show, but would have been all over the Adam West doll for the opposite reason, LOOVE 66 Batman.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

I think the trick for increasing the 8" action figure market is to raise the level of detail to the point where the 12" action figure market will start to take notice. Considering how expensive a lot of the 12" figures are getting I can see a time coming when some collectors will start looking for less expensive options.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

I'm very excited about Zica's future. I wish the year would hurry up and be over so all will be revealed.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎