Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

LOU are those custom JAWS Mego figures to the left of your photo? They look great.
    Indeed they are my friend. They were featured on the old Mego boards a couple years ago. Ironically, I am expecting a final piece to that Mego Jaws collection, the boxed shark, this many years later and once I get it I plan to rephotograph the set and post them in the Customs board again. Happy Holidays guys!

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
      Banned
      • Oct 17, 2007

Great Collection Lou, I only have a few small piece and Benchley Auto..nice looking and sadly that display style looks fimilar ..lol.

Comment

• LOU
        Museum FIN-atic
        • Nov 20, 2003

Great Collection Lou, I only have a few small piece and Benchley Auto..nice looking and sadly that display style looks fimilar ..lol.
        Well let me tell you, a Benchley autograph is NOTHING to sneeze at! My wife and I shot a documentary called "Lou & Yana's JawsFest'05" during, aptly enough, JawsFest'05! It's a two-hour film that highlights JawsFest'05 on Martha's Vineyard and all the things we did. It was such a success for us that we shot a sequel over this past summer, 2 years later, called "Lou & Yana's JawsFest 2: The Return To Amity". Details on these films can be found on my Myspace page (link below).
        The reason I ramble about this is because Benchley was still alive during JawsFest'05 and lived to see his life's work become a cultural phenomenon at the event. Of course him and some of the other stars of Jaws and Jaws 2 were on-hand for autographs...well I was so busy shooting film that I never got Benchley's autograph and rationalized that I would get his autograph at the next JawsFest slated for 2010. Wel, sadly, Benchley passed in early 2006, less than a year after the festival. So your Benchley autograph is a gem to be sure now....enjoy it!
        By the way, what do you mean by this...
        sadly that display style looks fimilar ..lol.

Comment

• BaronSat
          Museum Super Collector
          • Sep 17, 2007

Great, I love this toy.
          I still have it... and in good condition. I don't understand how this toy manage to survive throught the years? Probably the wild instinct
          This fish had a lot of adventures, it fought against the Six Million Dollar man gang, Big Jim Winnetou and his horse, Action Joe (the french GI Joe) team and it even swallowed dozens of 1/72 figures and vehicles (for the Airfix & Matchbox "people", it was a Megalodon)...
          But it was really a perfect shark for dolls.

Last time I use it, I hide a present for my woman and Bruce kept the secret untill her birthday, good fish.
          Custom models :
          www.baronsat.net

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

That thing ate and terrorized so many action-figures of mine as a kid... I bet we had some of those parts for 20 years after it had met it's ultimate demise... a true classic.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎