X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I'll take someones complete Zira for cheap mine done got broke
    I think Star Trek TMP Ilia was one....the 3.75" figure. they were around warming pegs until the mid eighties...you could not give them away

Comment

• megoapesnut
      The name says it all!
      • Dec 3, 2007

What about Mego Kristy McNichol? Don't see her selling too well.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        I'll take someones complete Zira for cheap mine done got broke
        I think Star Trek TMP Ilia was one....the 3.75" figure. they were around warming pegs until the mid eighties...you could not give them away
        Eagle Force was the same way. They sat on the pegs at Lionel Kiddie City until they went under.

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by Wee67
          As far as 8" figures, what about the One Million BC. The licensed lines have non-Mego collectors chasing them, but I'm not sure how much Mego people seek these out for anything other than customizing. (though I do have the set. low-hanging fruit )
          I remember trying to find ANYONE who had a complete loose set of OMBC a while back so we could get some pics. It seemed like NO ONE owned them. My vote goes here as well.

Comment

• THE FALCON
            Career Member
            • Jan 2, 2011

The Wizard of OZ himself.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Dave Mc
              I remember trying to find ANYONE who had a complete loose set of OMBC a while back so we could get some pics. It seemed like NO ONE owned them. My vote goes here as well.
              Perhaps, but they seem scarcer and more expensive lately. I've been seeking a Grok for customs for over a year.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

I just picked up the last of the OMBC figures. It look longer than expected. Believe it or not, Blackbeard has been much tougher to find.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I was buying knights and pirates like crazy a few years ago--boy, have they dried up.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

If you have a spare Blackbeard... I'm interested.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^I'm sorry, my lesser extras are for parts now, which I'll be using for customs.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                        Memory *is* RAM!
                        • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by boss
                        I just picked up the last of the OMBC figures. It look longer than expected. Believe it or not, Blackbeard has been much tougher to find.
                        The last of the ones you needed, or the very last one out there? Either case feels completely plausible...
                        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

^ the last of the series to complete the set. Once I have Blackbeard, I'll have all of the US available 1/9 scale figures Mego released.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

3 3/4 Lex Luthor

8 inchers are prone to the "rising tide lifts all boats" analogy. Friar Tuck has been one figure - boxed, loose, complete, whatever - just never sells well. His accessories and box have more value than the actual figure. IMO, that's due to the lack of customizable options.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

No-one will ever hear me complain about any of Mego's Merry Men. But I think you have a point about Tuck and customs. (But I have one planned!!)

I still fervently wish we had more figs in the Robin Hood series...I can think of another wave, easy--and a playset.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                No-one will ever hear me complain about any of Mego's Merry Men. But I think you have a point about Tuck and customs. (But I have one planned!!)

I still fervently wish we had more figs in the Robin Hood series...I can think of another wave, easy--and a playset.
                                The Sheriff and Maid Marion would of made nice additions, maybe a horse for Robin Hood, but the mad monsters castle
                                would make a nice place for a kidnapped Maid for Robin to rescue.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎