Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TrueDave explains his Mego Meet and Forum behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ealdrett View Post
    Usually attributed to envy.
    It’s taken me a long time to fully understand this, but in my mind, bullies aren’t envious. They are threatened. And 99 times out of 100 that threat is based on their own insecurities. Rising above is the best way to handle but it is so, so, so hard to learn, grasp or understand. Especially when you want to at least treat a bully as a human. In my experience I’ve learned that jerks, are simply jerks. Better face them cleanly, deal with them cleanly and move on.

Also I am relatively new to this specific collectors community and mainly into Micronaut and some pop culture stuff here, but I would like to think if there is one place bullying should not be tolerated it’s a toy collectors board. We all already get enough grief for our hobby; no need to get that in the world from another supposed fan.
    Last edited by MicromanZone; Jul 4, '11 at 5:25 PM.

Hey Dave,

I respect your honesty. I had a nice time talking to you and your wife at Mego Meet and I hope you enjoyed yourself at the show. I like the work you are doing and hope you continue with it.

Images
    Hey Dave, I met you at the meet, You and your wife are nice people. You're cool. Don't worry about anything man.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MicromanZone View Post
    Itís taken me a long time to fully understand this, but in my mind, bullies arenít envious. They are threatened. And 99 times out of 100 that threat is based on their own insecurities. Rising above is the best way to handle but it is so, so, so hard to learn, grasp or understand. Especially when you want to at least treat a bully as a human. In my experience Iíve learned that jerks, are simply jerks. Better face them cleanly, deal with them cleanly and move on.

Also I am relatively new to this specific collectors community and mainly into Micronaut and some pop culture stuff here, but I would like to think if there is one place bullying should not be tolerated itís a toy collectors board. We all already get enough grief for our hobby; no need to get that in the world from another supposed fan.
    well let's not get carried away here either guys, I highly doubt he's getting bullied....
    I'm sure he posted something that someone didn't like and they said something, I know I've gotten those pm's before...Now if they insulted you or you feel like what they told you wasn't appropriate..then just let one of the mods know and they should take care of it..
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Images
    Really enjoyed meeting you and your wife... The Star Trek Mego magnet you made is WAY cool!!

Images
    I not sure of the details but I wouldn't let it bother you Dave. I deal with autism on a regular basis and I would never have known your situation. Not that it matters. My wife cares for a small child with autism. BTW, I also enjoyed meeting you both at the Meet.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    Dave...I have always found your interaction on this forum to be perfectly fine.....don't let anyone bother you with comments.....and never feel like you have done anything wrong
    "Thats the ticket laddie"

I have no idea what this guy said to you but for you to make this post it must of been something completely wrong. the only thing that comes to my mind is violence and being a all ages site I will restrain myself with what should be done to this guy who left you feeling the need to post this. one day this guy might say something to the wrong person and he'll be spending their next 365 days drinking food from a straw with a pencil taped to his head so he can make notes on how to treat a person while in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDave View Post
    I'm Autistic. I'm trying my best , everyday.
    This Public announcement is in response to a private message.

True Story,
    True Dave.

Blog Entries
    While we weren't introduced, more than one person made it a point to mention to me afterwards about meeting you and how much they enjoyed it. I don't know why you'd have to justify that to anyone.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    The member was being thoughtful and helpful and spoke for several members. I respect the person and can guess who they were mentioning. I like them too.
    I thank You and I thank them.
    They were right. I get this a lot, for decades.

( but I am VERY sorry for the drama. )
    Last edited by TrueDave; Jul 5, '11 at 9:23 AM.