Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TrueDave explains his Mego Meet and Forum behavior.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Stay True - True Dave, you're one of the good guys!

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

I know you'd probably like to keep this mostly under wraps, but a PM like that should be brought to the attention of our mods. Harrassment always starts small and should not be tolerated.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Dave's a cool dude
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Dave,
          You do bring a lot to the table and create very interesting posts. Don't let it get to you.
          From what I've experienced being on here, there those that will always have issues with other members.
          You are the better person by rising above those that attack you because of your personality or idiosyncrasies. Usually attributed to envy. Just remain steadfast to the True Dave

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

Dont let it get you down Dave,your Cool in my book too.

Comment

• MicromanZone
              Banned
              • Apr 26, 2011

Originally posted by ealdrett
              Usually attributed to envy.
              It’s taken me a long time to fully understand this, but in my mind, bullies aren’t envious. They are threatened. And 99 times out of 100 that threat is based on their own insecurities. Rising above is the best way to handle but it is so, so, so hard to learn, grasp or understand. Especially when you want to at least treat a bully as a human. In my experience I’ve learned that jerks, are simply jerks. Better face them cleanly, deal with them cleanly and move on.

Also I am relatively new to this specific collectors community and mainly into Micronaut and some pop culture stuff here, but I would like to think if there is one place bullying should not be tolerated it’s a toy collectors board. We all already get enough grief for our hobby; no need to get that in the world from another supposed fan.
              Last edited by MicromanZone; Jul 4, '11, 5:25 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Hey Dave,

I respect your honesty. I had a nice time talking to you and your wife at Mego Meet and I hope you enjoyed yourself at the show. I like the work you are doing and hope you continue with it.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Hey Dave, I met you at the meet, You and your wife are nice people. You're cool. Don't worry about anything man.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MicromanZone
                    It’s taken me a long time to fully understand this, but in my mind, bullies aren’t envious. They are threatened. And 99 times out of 100 that threat is based on their own insecurities. Rising above is the best way to handle but it is so, so, so hard to learn, grasp or understand. Especially when you want to at least treat a bully as a human. In my experience I’ve learned that jerks, are simply jerks. Better face them cleanly, deal with them cleanly and move on.

Also I am relatively new to this specific collectors community and mainly into Micronaut and some pop culture stuff here, but I would like to think if there is one place bullying should not be tolerated it’s a toy collectors board. We all already get enough grief for our hobby; no need to get that in the world from another supposed fan.
                    well let's not get carried away here either guys, I highly doubt he's getting bullied....
                    I'm sure he posted something that someone didn't like and they said something, I know I've gotten those pm's before...Now if they insulted you or you feel like what they told you wasn't appropriate..then just let one of the mods know and they should take care of it..
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MLoudin
                      Possessed by Megos
                      • Sep 13, 2007

Really enjoyed meeting you and your wife... The Star Trek Mego magnet you made is WAY cool!!

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

I not sure of the details but I wouldn't let it bother you Dave. I deal with autism on a regular basis and I would never have known your situation. Not that it matters. My wife cares for a small child with autism. BTW, I also enjoyed meeting you both at the Meet.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• trekman101
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2009

Dave...I have always found your interaction on this forum to be perfectly fine.....don't let anyone bother you with comments.....and never feel like you have done anything wrong
                          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• boston
                            • May 19, 2011

I have no idea what this guy said to you but for you to make this post it must of been something completely wrong. the only thing that comes to my mind is violence and being a all ages site I will restrain myself with what should be done to this guy who left you feeling the need to post this. one day this guy might say something to the wrong person and he'll be spending their next 365 days drinking food from a straw with a pencil taped to his head so he can make notes on how to treat a person while in recovery.

Originally posted by TrueDave
                            I'm Autistic. I'm trying my best , everyday.
                            This Public announcement is in response to a private message.

True Story,
                            True Dave.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

While we weren't introduced, more than one person made it a point to mention to me afterwards about meeting you and how much they enjoyed it. I don't know why you'd have to justify that to anyone.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrueDave
                                Toy Maker
                                • Jan 12, 2008

The member was being thoughtful and helpful and spoke for several members. I respect the person and can guess who they were mentioning. I like them too.
                                I thank You and I thank them.
                                They were right. I get this a lot, for decades.

( but I am VERY sorry for the drama. )
                                Last edited by TrueDave; Jul 5, '11, 9:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎