X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1982 Knickerbocker World of Annie Catalog

Annie was a film based on the hit 1977 broadway musical which in itself was based on the classic syndicated comic strip "Little Orphan Annie". Thankfully the movie didn't remove everyone's pupils for authenticity.

The film was expected to be a blockbuster smash and companies such as Knickerbocker hedged their bets by preparing a slew of merchandising. I certainly remember haunting Dominion Playworld looking for new Star Wars figures and getting shocked by all the red hair. The film was not a success but in 1982 it was impossible to ignore "Annie-mania".

You can click on the images below but don't expect much by the way of commentary by me, I'm just unprepared for the subject. I saw the film once at my buddy Will Park's house when I was 12 and we really were just waiting for his folks to go to bed to pop in "American Werewolf in London" which scared the hell out of me.

1982 Knickerbocker Annie Catalog

More Fun Retro Girl's Toys

. ..
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen the movie.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Really? It was a fave in my house when I lived w/ my dad. I remember buying my younger half-sister that little Annie doll. She carried it w/ her everywhere.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Never saw it either, not my kind of thing, but I remember it was on the news when that girl was cast in the role. It was kind of a big event.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I have to cop to something. I was 7 when this came out, and for some reason, two of my elderly lady neighbors decided they just HAD to take me to see this. I guess because they knew of my comic obsession, they thought I'd be into Annie. So off I went. It was a very nice gesture, but just kind of odd all the way around. I was put off by Carol Burnett being so mean.

My wife has a few items from the movie. I wonder if you could make Lex Luthor from Daddy Warbucks, or the 7-Up guy from Punjab?!?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            My wife has a few items from the movie. I wonder if you could make Lex Luthor from Daddy Warbucks, or the 7-Up guy from Punjab?!?
            Heh, you can make an 8" "Tee Hee" out of Punjab.

I can't attest to a Daddy Warbucks Luthor but I looooooove his tuxedo.

AHI Phantom by Plaidstallions, on Flickr
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎