Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Well thats just simply naughty, U cant miss that yellow block popping out at U. I just find it strange, because the figures are made ready to go, just a case of mailing them. I would be nervous knowing that they havent been made, but thats not the case here.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Harcourt Fenton Mudd was waiting on my doorstep this afternoon... and looks great. Have no fear, Chris will come through.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Thats good to hear, I cant wait for this figure

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

First time I took a really good look at the back of the package: Really cool.

I want to hear about that Dr Chromedome.
          Thats so obscure it's famous. ( I think that makes sense)

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

Mine came in on saturday and is great! Just give it some time to arrive at your door.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Mudd in the house here as well. Fabulous!!

Comment

• potablog
                • Sep 21, 2009

Man, I'd love to get one of those if there are any left!

potablog

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Got mine today, wanted to display him, but for the life of me, his legs are just so highly strung, that they just go to the side, and there is no way I can stand him. Anyone else having this problem?, or is there anything I can do, quite disapointed to tell U the truth on this issue, because the figure is fantastic.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

alex - it is a ctvt body and a fat body at that. Mego fat bodies are wonky at times as well, and most of the problems are somewhat amplified on the ctvt body. I suggest locating a real Mego fat body and transplanting the head and outfit over. I don't think anything is sewn on this one, so it should not be too difficult.

Other than that, you could try to make sure the leg holes are all filed evenly and do not have any major burrs and then restring the body yourself like a T1. I would hope that would make it more stable.

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by rche
                      alex - it is a ctvt body and a fat body at that. Mego fat bodies are wonky at times as well, and most of the problems are somewhat amplified on the ctvt body. I suggest locating a real Mego fat body and transplanting the head and outfit over. I don't think anything is sewn on this one, so it should not be too difficult.

Other than that, you could try to make sure the leg holes are all filed evenly and do not have any major burrs and then restring the body yourself like a T1. I would hope that would make it more stable.

Cheers, I was thinking a Boss hogg/wizard body, that would work? Im just worried about the head transplant, do I crack the body, because that head sure isnt squidgy.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

No, the head is not rotocast vinyl. It is a hard resin and should have a straight post, like a cork, going down into the body. You will need to make sure the new donor body has just the right amount of clearance for the neck post.

This is not too hard to do tho. Just put the post in and see if you need to sand the hole a bit. It should be snug, but not so hard a fit that you split the torso pushing it in. If, somehow the hole is too big, you can add a little to the dimension of the neck with some sort of tape or wrap.

I would be careful with the head so as not to scratch any paint off when you transplant. Again, not difficult to do, you just have to remember to be cautious with it.

good luck.

btw: there is a bit of a difference between the wiz body and the super hero fat bodies. I am not sure if the Boss Hogg one is like the Wiz or not. You may want to check out the museum galleries to see which body best suits you.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Ok the head is of and no damage, phew. Looks like looking through the galleries, I need a Boss Hogg body. Cant use a wizard, because of the white gloves, and Mr Mxy his purple ones.So the million dollar question, has anyone a Boss body to sell, please

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

You could really use any fat body and just use the hands or arms that are on the ctvt one that the Mudd was made with. The arms shouldn't have a problem on a mego body.

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

put the shirt on first and the head after. It's much easier
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by bleit1701
                                put the shirt on first and the head after. It's much easier
                                Shirt on first, wrap the necklace thingy around the neck post, and then push the neck in. Keep the scratches to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎