X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

DC Superheroes go EXTREME!!

Take iconic DC heroes and give them Image style grimacing, vein popping looks and poses and slap them with all kinds of oversized asymmetrical pointless gear, they'd never actually use, and you get Total Justice.

Batman with extreme mechanical wings, VR helmet and leg cannons which would more than likely blow off his own legs if he actually used them.

Superman with his extreme mullet and weird Kryptonite weapon thingie with glitter decals. Oooo, glitter!

Flash with 550 pounds of extreme armor. Sure he probably couldn't even move anymore, let alone run, but at least he looked cool, right?

Robin with his extreme battle blade baton which he needs to prop himself up with otherwise the weight his Silverhawk weapon launcher would tip him over.

Now Aquaman, here, doesn't get much more extreme. I mean he has got a mighty manly beard and a freakin' hook hand for crying out loud. You want to know how extreme Aquaman is? He is so extreme he can't even stand unassisted while holding all his crap. That's how damn extreme he is.

Hal Jordon as Parallax with his extreme Joker smile and extreme graying hair. Plus he has got that huge freakin cape that would totally not trip him or anything when he tries to walk.

Despero, well, he is just extremely lame. Seriously, Despero? No Lex, Joker, ect. Okay...but, I guess, he does have that nice He-Man twist waist punchy action.

Hawkman with his extreme talon grabby things. Oh, yeah, those would SO not be pain to fly around with.

Huntress, she is not actually that bad except for her giant extreme energy bow.

I have currently misplace Darksied and his extreme capture claw which is permanently molded to his hand. Fusing the dumb looking weapon to his hand for the sake of being extreme. What a trooper. Way to take it for the team.

Okay, these really do kinda suck and they are absolutely valueless to this day. But for some reason I've never been able to part with them. They are just so gloriously terrible. A darkly humorous reminder of DC trying to be edgy and extreme to the point of Image ridiculousness. Gee, I hope they'd never actually try to do that again.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 22, '11, 12:40 AM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I remember being so excited when I found out these were coming. I think they were the first line of toys post-Super Powers that included others characters than just Batman. And yes, I have them all.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
      I remember being so excited when I found out these were coming.
      Yeah, I was so excited when I first spotted them at Walmart. I was like "Wow, a brand new DC Superhero line by Kenner! It's Super Powers 2!" You really wanted to love them and then you slowly began to accept that they are a far cry from Super Powers and are just really goofy looking.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 21, '11, 11:37 PM. Reason: typos
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't Toyfare do a Reverse Flash exclusive?

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

^ Yep. There's also Green Arrow and Black Lightning. And the Warner Brothers Store did a set in alternate colors but are not named Total Justice, just DC Super Heroes. It included Batman, Robin, Aquaman and Hawkman. I also have these and the Reverse Flash.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Never sent in for Reverse Flash. Got a bunch of the JLA Kaybee repaints though. But they lose extreme points for cheapening out and not including the majestically awful Tech Gear.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 22, '11, 12:55 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

If you mix the JLA figures like Atom, Wonder Woman and Plastic Man with the Total Justice figures minus the techno-gear it's not a bad display. I had a display shelf of them in my office 2 employers ago.

There are also the hard-light evil counterparts that were part of the 5-figure box sets. I don't think I have all of them though.

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

this kinda filled my super powers void temporarily.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
                  If you mix the JLA figures like Atom, Wonder Woman and Plastic Man with the Total Justice figures minus the techno-gear it's not a bad display.
                  The Wonder Woman is actually a pretty nice sculpt for the time. Not nearly as extreme in build or pose as the other figures. The drawback on her is she totally out of scale with all the other figures. It's like they forgot to scale down the mold or she was originally intended for a different line.

[Edit]

Here's Wondy with a bunch of the JLA repaint figures. She totally towers over them.

Still haven't found my Darksied. But I'm sure he is lurking around here somewhere, being extreme!
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 22, '11, 1:01 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I have every single carded figure from that JLA line.

It even gave us Young Justice!

Sure, they look ridiculous, but they were the first to put a figure of Impulse in my hands, and for that, I am thankful.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I have quite a few of them...I liked them. Even though some of the Fractal Tech Gear was somewhat bizarre....
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                        • Aug 14, 2007

I spent a lot of energy hunting down Wonder Woman, Atom and Red Tornado. Black Lightning rocks!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I bought the majority of these for many of the reasons already mentioned, they were fun to display in the 90s. They are now beaten and broken in my son's toybox and or the sandbox outside.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            They are now beaten and broken in my son's toybox and or the sandbox outside.
                            As goofy as these now look, I have to give Kenner credit, they are sturdy well made figures. These were made with the intention that kids would actually play with them.

Total Justice 2 Even more extremer or something.

The previously mentioned Capture Claw Darkseid. Yay!!!

Mail in Batman and Superman. So much extreme for so little. Only 4 proof of purchase points and a dollar each shipping would net you these bad boys. Yeah, they are kinda silly looking but I am a sucker for translucent stuff. If they only glowed in the dark too. But that probably would have been more extreme than most people could handle.

Kyle as Green Lantern. Got to admit I am not the biggest fan of Kyle but this is really the only figure in the set where the Fractal Tech gear actually makes sense.

Fractal Armor Batman. With his extreme permanently molded on Craptal Tech Gear Armor and cannon thing which he could clip on his shoulder armor or hold as a huge gun.

Conner Hawke Green Arrow with his giant one armed energy bow, he would never be able to lift, and his exteme one eyed tech goggles. Because depth perception is obviously nothing an archer would actually need or anything. That's just how he rolls.

Black Lightning. Kind of like Black Vulcan from Superfriends but, you know, more extreme and with a 90s fashion sense. He gots pants! Solomon Grundy want pants too! Yes, well, nevermind.

Gold Variant Aquaman. Now in extreme gold! I mean, come on, he's gold now! Wheeee!!!
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 8, '11, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

this was a great line in that it brought characters we hadn't seen in a while or ever. it had nice sculpts and paints i thought BUT the lack of articulation and the RIDICULOUS accessoriees what were they thinking?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎